If you are upgrading your instance prior to Berlin to a later release, you’ll need to activate the Engine Based Notifications, which is not activated by default. These give you a much easier way to design and implement notifications with 38 base-system notifications that trigger automatically when records are inserted or updated.
But before you activate your plugin, you’ll first need to save your personalized notifications so these are not overwritten by the engine-based notifications. These notifications range from Appointment Invites and Change approved to Incident Resolved. You can view the full list of notifications here.
To save your changes, you should export any modified email notifications prior to activating the Engine Based Notifications plugin, and then re-import your customized notifications. Or, if that's not an option, you can use of the platform's versions feature to recover previous customized notifications.
How to recover previous customized notifications using the versions feature:
- Navigate to System Policy > Email > Notifications.
- Open any customized email notification that was overwritten by activating the plugin.
- Right-click the form header and select Personalize > Related Lists.
- Add the Versions related list.
- Use the Version related list to review and revert changes that were caused by the plugin.
- Repeat as necessary.
For more information on notifications and your upgrades, see: