Do your recall the leading fashion retailer who is planning on saving $1M with ServiceNow? Well, they’ve been quite busy, most recently having a successful go-live with ServiceNow IT Service Management (ITSM).
Like a lot of other organizations, they were using a legacy tool for ITSM. As far as efficiency goes, this solution was not ideal for them to continue to focus on their strategic goals of taking on their rivals in-store and online. This is why they picked ServiceNow in the first place, and more importantly, decided to implement it with the folks who know the product better than anyone else, and rely on proven methodologies and approaches to help customers go-live successfully – the ServiceNow Global Services team.
Working with their IT team, ServiceNow helped design a 2-phase deployment strategy which will consist of an implementation of the ServiceNow platform, and a full scope of ITSM applications. For the initial phase - which just went live - it consisted of Incident, Problem, Change, Configuration, Request, Discovery, Service Portal, Service Catalog, Contract, Knowledge and integration with third party applications such as Jira, Splunk, SolarWinds and others.
Some of the benefits realized by deploying ServiceNow and working with your professional services team include:
- By deploying Knowledge Management - A 30% reduction in calls to the Service Desk
- A 50% reduction in call wait times for end-users calling the Service Desk
- A fully trained engineering team who attended the ServiceNow System Administration training prior to the roll-out, allowing for a smooth transition from the old system, to ServiceNow
- Relying on our proven upgrade methodologies, the customer was easily upgraded from Helsinki to Istanbul mid-development without slowing progress
These are just some of the benefits realized from phase 1. Phase 2 of the deployment promises to bring even more, and we will be sure to share those with the ServiceNow Community!
As the phase 1 deployment wrapped up, we were able to capture some feedback from this organization’s IT team:
- The Sr. Director of Services, one of the executive sponsors, said “This Go Live is going so well I’m bored with nothing to worry about.”
- A Datacenter Operations Manager noted that “I spent just a little time on the training materials but I am finding ServiceNow to be very intuitive. Have submitted several requests this morning with ease!”
- A Change Request Manager noted “I am exceptionally pleased at how much easier the process is end to end”.
To learn more about how ServiceNow professional services can help you go-live with success, visit our page on Servicenow.com.