Time is running out.
The deadline for the Knowledge14 Innovation Of The Year submissions is getting close. And unless one of your innovations is a DeLorean-like time machine then you’ve just over three weeks to submit – that’s by the 31st March 2014.
It’s not difficult to submit. Just fill out the simple online form and email in screenshots. And add a video if you have the time. All we need to know is:
- The business problem you needed to address
- A description of your innovation, and how it works
- The positive impact the innovation had on your business.
The winner will receive a fantastic prize (I don’t think it’s a DeLorean though), a pass to Knowledge15, 365 days of adulation from their peers, and the chance to join the ranks of past winners like CERN, Verisign, Target, Morrison Foerster, and Pacific Life.
Last year’s winner was a Walk Up Appointment Scheduling App for mobile device support. The other finalists offered up innovations related to:
- Employee on-boarding, off-boarding, and internal transfers of employees, consultants, and contractors
- Gaining greater insight into engineering projects and progress against plan
- Cross-business unit project categorization, ranking, and status management
- Major events management including resource planning, change management, testing, and success measurement
- Automated data mart loading
- Improving HR performance – identify trending issues, tracking metrics, increasing efficiency, and eliminating duplication of effort.
Need a prod?
We know that a high proportion of customers are using the ServiceNow Service Automation Platform to create custom apps:
- As at June 2013, 76% of customers had created apps on the platform
- As of May 2013, a KPMG survey of customers identified that 87% of respondents already leverage the ServiceNow platform for non-ITSM applications.
And from our customer case studies we also know that a wide range of custom apps have been created:
Need a smile?
So what are you waiting for? If you’ve created a custom app that has positively impacted IT or business operations, fill out the online form. Greatness awaits you.
DeLorean image source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/brianneudorff/