The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Allen Andreas
Tera Patron
Tera Patron

This article has been moved tohttps://community.servicenow.com/community?id=community_article&sys_id=baf3a09edb9b945066f1d9d968961... -- where it's being updated for each ServiceNow Release. Thanks!

Hi all,

Just wanted to provide this information for those of you who may miss the email that was just sent out:

The Orlando release is here, so it’s time to get ready for your delta exams!

The Orlando delta exam window is from March 26, 2020 through June 24, 2020. Be sure to pass your exam(s) on or before June 24, 2020. Delta exams are only 10 questions or less - and you can take them on your own time - no testing center needed. Just login to Now Learning at https://nowlearning.servicenow.com/lxp when the delta window opens to get your exams done.

Orlando Release Notes:
https://docs.servicenow.com/bundle/orlando-release-notes/page/release-notes/family-release-notes.htm...

Orlando New Features and Products:
https://docs.servicenow.com/bundle/orlando-release-notes/page/release-notes/summary/rn-summary-new-f...

***My personal recommendation search link to use during exam [since it is open book and allowed] (ensure Versions on left is set to Orlando and Products is set to "Release Notes and Upgrades")***:
https://docs.servicenow.com/search?q=&facetreset=yes&labels=2&labels=9

Orlando Delta Exams Mainline List:

Sys Admin (6 questions and you have 1 hour to complete it)https://nowlearning.service-now.com/lxp?id=overview&sys_id=83bb8ddcdb9bcc10c2fde855ca961976&type=pat...

App Devhttps://nowlearning.service-now.com/lxp?id=overview&sys_id=554ab494db9bcc10c2fde855ca961956&type=pat...

Implementation Special - ITSMhttps://nowlearning.service-now.com/lxp?id=overview&sys_id=f7be8d10dbdbcc10c2fde855ca9619b8&type=pat...

Need more information? Simply go to https://nowlearning.servicenow.com/lxp and click the magnifying glass and type: "Orlando Delta" and press enter. They'll show up 🙂

---

Be advised that there is an examination "blackout" window that usually occurs every March and September as ServiceNow releases the new platform versions. If you have an exam scheduled during this blackout window, your exam will be automatically cancelled. It is my recommendation to NOT schedule any examinations during March or September...or at the very least wait until the blackout window is announced for that month, then schedule around it. Here's an example of the blackout statement for March 2020:

**ATTENTION: We are currently in the exam blackout period from March 11-March 26, 2020. During this time, our team is hard at work making the transition from the NY exam versions to the updated Orlando versions. **

Also keep in mind that there is talk of moving to a paid format for deltas in the future. Looks to be around the Paris release (so possibly this Fall), but I have heard that they are looking at charging a $100 annual maintenance fee (which I think is reasonable) and that allows for unlimited deltas (for as many certs as you have)

source: https://community.servicenow.com/community?id=community_question&sys_id=7ae33e6fdbfa0c10d58ea345ca96...

Thanks and please mark Helpful/Bookmark if needed!

Comments
Inactive_Us1074
Mega Contributor

What is the best documentation to review before taking this test?

Allen Andreas
Tera Patron
Tera Patron

Hi,

Great question!

The best documentation to review before taking this test would be the Orlando Release Notes. The entire delta exam is all about the changes that Orlando brings in. This could be brand new features or changes to existing features.

Orlando Release Notes:
https://docs.servicenow.com/bundle/orlando-release-notes/page/release-notes/family-release-notes.htm...

Orlando New Features and Products:
https://docs.servicenow.com/bundle/orlando-release-notes/page/release-notes/summary/rn-summary-new-f...

Please mark reply as Helpful, if it was!

G24
Tera Guru

"All of the questions are sourced from the release notes."

...based on the ServiceNow Certification FAQ "Mainline Exams and Delta Exams" page 11 under the heading "How do I take a Delta exam?".

Allen Andreas
Tera Patron
Tera Patron

Thanks Geoffrey for confirming!

🙂

G24
Tera Guru

Oh, you already answered.  I didn't see that.  I failed to hit the "Show All Comments" button.  😕

RichardSaunders
Giga Guru

Does anyone have a link to the exam? I can't seem to find it in on https://nowlearning.service-now.com/lxp

Allen Andreas
Tera Patron
Tera Patron

Hi,

I'll check again later, but I believe since they are just released today (3-26-20), they haven't posted them yet. I would suspect in just a few more hours they'll be available. Same as on Webassessor right now, no exams are showing for you to sign-up for.

Allen Andreas
Tera Patron
Tera Patron

Just to update, they are adding them it seems as the day goes on. There was only 5 "Orlando" specific catalog items within NowLearning earlier, I just checked again and it's up to about 12 or so.

Allen Andreas
Tera Patron
Tera Patron

I've updated my article with a link directly to the Sys Admin, CAD, and CIS-ITSM delta exams. If you don't see yours in my list, simply go to the NowLearning portal and search for "Orlando Delta".

Thanks all!

jsnmllr1981
Kilo Expert

I get an error stating I don't have access to the content

Allen Andreas
Tera Patron
Tera Patron

Hi,

Can you let us know a bit more information? As in, you've clicked the link for which item above? And it shows right then, the error? Or after you click enroll? Or what?

Thanks!

jsnmllr1981
Kilo Expert

I get the message that my cert is at risk I click fix this.  I then click the green arrow

find_real_file.png

and I get this

find_real_file.png

jsnmllr1981
Kilo Expert

Your link works fine

Allen Andreas
Tera Patron
Tera Patron

That is for the New York Delta, we're on Orlando.

Can you try and find the link to Orlando?

For example, for myself...I click my Sys Admin link above for the Orlando Delta, I then go to click Enroll and see this:

find_real_file.png

So my certification is still "Current" actually...and not At Risk. I think they're still updating everything, but it should change within 24 hours to "At Risk" and then...I'll be able to access the Orlando Delta for CSA.

jsnmllr1981
Kilo Expert

I got to it using your link.  Thanks

Allen Andreas
Tera Patron
Tera Patron

Ah, ok. I get what you're saying now. I guess you accidentally mislead us because you came to my article and started saying it wasn't working, hah.

Anyways, please mark the article as Helpful (up at the top main post), if it was.

Thanks!

jsnmllr1981
Kilo Expert

yeah, sorry about that

Allen Andreas
Tera Patron
Tera Patron

Np. Please mark Article as Helpful if it was.

Take care!

akhila13
Tera Expert
How many attemps can we take and how much is the pass score
Mark Roethof
Tera Patron
Tera Patron

Hi there,

4 attempts max, after this you need to take the full exam again. Passing score is not mentioned, though guess is 80%.

Kind regards,
Mark
2020 ServiceNow Community MVP
2020 ServiceNow Developer MVP

---

LinkedIn
Community article list

Allen Andreas
Tera Patron
Tera Patron

Hi,

The first 2 retakes are free.

Per documentation:

Exam Results and Retakes

After completing and submitting the exam, a pass or fail result is immediately calculated and displayed to the candidate. Further detailed results are not provided to the candidate. You are allowed up to three retakes for a Delta exam. Failing a Delta exam four times will require you to re-complete the required paired training content. There will be a 24- hour waiting period after each failed attempt to ensure you have the proper time to prepare.

https://www.servicenow.com.br/content/dam/servicenow-assets/public/en-us/doc-type/other-document/del...

Jar
Tera Expert

I received the mail saying that I will need to do the delta exam for "ServiceNow Certified System Administrator". I've tried following the instructions in the mail but can't find how to enroll for the exam.

I tried the link you provided above but I just get the message that I don't have access to the contect.

Bit stuck on what I'm supposed to do

Katie22
Kilo Contributor

Hi Allen,

I still see Current next to all my certs instead of 'At Risk'.  Is there a delay with updating accounts?

Allen Andreas
Tera Patron
Tera Patron

Hi Katie,

Can you give us a bit more information? Did you recently get your certs (within the last 6 months)? When you login to Webassessor and click "My Certifications":

find_real_file.png

What does your status say there?

Thanks!

Katie22
Kilo Contributor

Hi Allen,

No, I've had them for awhile.  I took the New York Delta on 20 September last year, so that is the completion date. 

Katie22
Kilo Contributor

Hi Allen,

No, I've had them for awhile.  I took the New York Delta on 20 September last year, so that is the completion date. 

find_real_file.png

Allen Andreas
Tera Patron
Tera Patron

Hi Katie,

Interesting!

I know for me, that day they came out there was definitely a delay because mine said "Current" pretty much most of the day. They also had quietly changed the availability to March 27th, instead of the 26th, so they may be a bit behind. I would give it a few days and then check again.

I recall for the last set of Deltas (when they moved to NowLearning), some weren't able to take the delta for a week or two and were upset and trying to ask for extended time (meaning they wanted the full 90 days from when they could take it and not 90 days from when ServiceNow "said" they could -- fyi -- that didn't work...haha).

If after a week it's still showing as Current, I'd email training@servicenow.com for more information (although it's been rumored they aren't giving a quick response...)

Keep us posted here!

saichaitanya
Tera Contributor

I dont have "At Risk" status to my exams. Currently they are showing as current. I completed my CIS CSM exam on Jan 11 2020. I completed my CSA NY delta at Nov 29 2019. Both are showing as "Current". what shoudl I do now?

Allen Andreas
Tera Patron
Tera Patron

Hi,

If they're still showing as "Current" by the end of the week, I'd recommend emailing ServiceNow Training at: training@servicenow.com for assistance.

saichaitanya
Tera Contributor

Thanks @Allen

saichaitanya
Tera Contributor
Still, it shows same. I sent around 5 emails to them and even raised a case in nowlearning. No one responded yet
pawan k singh
Mega Guru

4 attempts you can try. I saw it while enrolling.

Allen Andreas
Tera Patron
Tera Patron

Hi,

Thank you. Yeah, this was covered in my response above which was taken directly from the blueprint. I posted that a month ago.

Allen Andreas
Tera Patron
Tera Patron

Hi,

It's been a few weeks since you've posted this and I just wanted to check-in and see if they got back to you now? Were you able to take the Delta exam and all is well?

Thanks!

Sai Siva Chaita
Giga Contributor

Yes, I got response from them 15 days back. I completed them. Thanks for concern. 🙂

Kayla Keefer
Tera Contributor

@Allen A  Thanks I actually figured out what I did wrong this is my first delta but I will know what to do next time I had the notes open but I didn't have the filter on. 

Allen Andreas
Tera Patron
Tera Patron

Awesome!

If my article helped, please mark it as Helpful, above.

Also, if this was reference from another post somewhere, please mark that reply as Helpful as well.

Take care and best of luck!

Kayla Keefer
Tera Contributor

@Allen A I passed! thank you again.

Allen Andreas
Tera Patron
Tera Patron

Great work!

Don't forget to mark the article above as Helpful.

Take care!

Ajith Kumar V O
Kilo Contributor

Thanks @Allen A .   The Orlando Delta link for CSA and ITSM were very useful.  I could pass both the Exam easily after going through this link.  Once again Thanks for your support.

Nitin64
Giga Expert

@Allen A , My ServiceNow Administrator Certification (done on New York release) is now being shown as "Expired" in ServiceNow Partner portal and I dont know why since its not lapsed the 90 day period meant to clear Orlando delta..  

AFAIK, effective March 26, 2020, ServiceNow announced that Orlando on demand courseware and certifications are LIVE and mainline exams , delta exams have been released on March 26, 2020. So there are 90 days since 26th March (release date of Orlando delta exam) for completing the delta but why does my certification already show as expired in 70 days (as on today) ?  

Any idea of what could be the case ?

I have written and logged  case to Certification but yet to hear back from them.  

Thanks, Nitin

Kunal Patel
Giga Contributor

Hi! I just passed my CSA exam on 06/06/2020. I cannot seem to take my Orlando delta exam though. I'm not "at risk". Searching around on the community and online, I'm seeing a lot of people had this issue but I can't find any resolutions. Please help.

I thought when I had signed up for the exam that I had taken a New York test, but now I'm finding that I never had any documentation or e-mail specifying that the exam I took was New York or Orlando. Any way I can tell? That's the only thing I can think of for not being able to take the Orlando delta right now. Orlando has been out for a few months and I did find it a bit strange to potentially take a NY exam instead of Orlando but if I actually took the Orlando, that would explain quite a bit!

Thoughts anyone?

Allen Andreas
Tera Patron
Tera Patron

Hi,

Since you took your certification exam after the blackout date (which was back in March) and that was when ServiceNow changed the certification exams to the latest version (Orlando), there is no delta for you to take.

So you're good to go until about September when Paris version comes out!

Please mark reply as Helpful, if so. Thanks!

Kunal Patel
Giga Contributor

Hi Allen,
Thank you so much for getting back to me about this and clearing up the confusion. Glad I'm all set! Take care!

-Kunal

Nitin64
Giga Expert

Successfully completed Orlando DELTA Exam yesterday. If you are hands-on with the latest release, its going to be quite easy & superfast. For the exam mainline/delta questions, drop me an email to nitbabar@gmail.com

Before passing, faced a STRANGE issue - My ServiceNow Administrator Certification 20843102 (New York release) was being shown as "Expired" in ServiceNow Partner portal even before June 5th 2020 !!

As Delta exams released on March 26, 2020, 90 days are provided for completing delta exam, so end date is 24th June but my certification already expired and it did not allow me to enroll for Delta in Now Learning.

I pursued this issue with ServiceNow support and lodged a case - They took 4 days to revert back but with a good one - The issue was duly addressed and my certification was restored back to active state (in Now learning and Partner portal profile section), I could enroll for Delta exam and completed the delta exam this morning.

Goes to show that a glitch can impact and block you for days, so please ensure that you regularly check your hard earned ServiceNow certification status and finish delta exam much before the end date.

#ServiceNow #Certification

Allen Andreas
Tera Patron
Tera Patron

Hi,

Glad you got that issue resolved and was able to take the Delta. Congrats on passing.

If this article helped you, please be sure to mark it as Helpful.

Take care!

Duc Huy BUI
Kilo Contributor

I have the same issue.

Duc Huy BUI
Kilo Contributor

Hi, my nowlearning does not match webassessor mail correctly. I cannot take the delta exam, because nowlearning does not show it as "at risk" (webassessor does it though).

Anyone got an idea how to solve this issue?

Allen Andreas
Tera Patron
Tera Patron

Hi,

Sorry that you're having some issue with your certification not showing up correctly.

So you're saying that webassessor shows your certification "At Risk", but when you use the same account on your NowLearning, it does not? Does it show it at all? Or you just don't see it as At Risk?

In your NowLearning account, do you have your webassessor email linked to it?

Allen Andreas
Tera Patron
Tera Patron

Just wanted to bump this one last time before the Delta deadline.

If you are a certified professional:

The Orlando delta exam window is from March 26, 2020 through June 24, 2020. Be sure to pass your exam(s) on or before June 24, 2020.

Please complete your Delta (if applicable) before June 24th (just a few days away) or you will lose your certification.

Mark article above as Helpful, if so. Thanks!

Version history
Last update:
‎03-06-2020 10:28 AM
Updated by: