cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mark Roethof
Tera Patron
Tera Patron

Hi there,

The New York release comes with a new "Setup Topics" structure for Virtual Agent. While promoting our changes to our test environment, we noticed the selected Setup Topics were actually not applied. The selected Setup Topics did not get applied to the changes we made on our development environment?!

After some diggin', of course, it's almost nothing to it… Just sharing a small piece of Virtual Agent knowledge gained on the Setup Topics.

New York Setup Topics

The New York release comes with Setup Topics which are "basic elements of a virtual agent conversation, such as the welcome greeting or fallback responses, for use in your Virtual Agent conversations. These reusable elements, called Setup Topics, are part of a standard conversation framework applied to all your conversations."
Source: Docs Select Virtual Agent Setup Topics

Select Setup Topics

The Setup Topics selected can be found through navigating to:

Collaboration > Virtual Agent > General Settings

Here you can simply select any other (custom) Setup Topic.

Promoting changed Setup Topics

New Topics or changed Topics can be promoted through the usual ways, like Update Sets or Scoped Apps. If you activated a different Setup Topic in the previous step, this is actually NOT promoted to other environments through Update Sets or Scoped Apps. Why not?!
After some diggin', I found out that the Setup Topics are stored in one record in the "General Settings" table. This is handled like data, the General Settings table is not set up with the update_synch attribute.

So when promoting changes on selected Setup Topics, you've got several possibilities:
- Manually select the changed Setup Topics
- Opening the sys_cs_general_settings table and manually export the General Settings record to XML and import the XML
- Opening the sys_cs_general_settings table and "Create Application File" which will be captured in your Update Set

Which road you choose, it's up to you. Personally, I would go for "Create Application File". Simply be aware that changes to selected Setup Topics are not automatically captured and promoted to other environments.

---

And that's it actually. Hope you like it. If any questions or remarks, let me know!

👍
If this post helped you in any way, I would appreciate it if you hit bookmark or mark it as helpful.

Interested in more articles, blogs, videos, and Share projects on Virtual Agent I published?
Virtual Agent

Kind regards,
Mark

---

LinkedIn

Comments
Eric M
Giga Expert

Mark, 

Thanks for all the great articles on VA. Have you don't anything on reporting for VA? and how you can tell how users are using the conversation ? It seems like this is lacking in the system. 

Version history
Last update:
‎11-28-2019 01:55 AM
Updated by: