The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blakemolmen
Tera Expert

Recently I was tasked with setting up on-call for a record beyond the incident table. Most of work needed to accomplish this was straight-forward (scratch that … let’s say manageable. Can we please modernize on-call? Those OOB workflows are a tangled web!)

One of the elements that was eluding me however is how to get the “On-Call Escalation Tracking” icon to show up next to the Assignment Group field like it does on the incident record. Searching the web / community only returned results of others asking the same question. The docs do not provide any guidance (outside of the fact that the com.snc.on_call_rotation.log_escalations property needs to be enabled. But if you are already using this with incident and it’s working you know that property is set correctly). Even asking our implementation partner for the project that was going to use on-call returned zero results. I was about to open a support case when I stumbled across the final piece that seems to be the answer.

Since I had been searching high and low for the answer to this, I felt compelled to document it as I know there are others out there asking the same question. Here is what I found needs to be in place to make the icon show up. (#3 was the part that was the key I was missing!)

1. As the documentation states The on-call property com.snc.on_call_rotation.log_escalations needs to be enabled.
    find_real_file.png

2. In the Dictionary for the “Assignment Group” field, ensure the Dictionary Override record for the table you are trying to use the icon on includes “ref_contributions=on_call_escalation_tracking” in the Attributes field. (This is what adds the UI Macro next to the Assignment Group Field)
    find_real_file.png

3. On the Incident table you will find a onLoad client script called “On Call Escalation Tracker” which works in conjunction with the UI Macro to trigger the record watcher. You will need to create a copy of this client script and its settings on the table you want the tracking icon to show up on.
    find_real_file.png

If you have done all 3 of those things, the icon should now show up once an on-call escalation has been triggered for that record type! Hopefully this saves you all some time in your On-Call journey!
find_real_file.png

Note: Images and information in this post were based on a Rome instance.

Version history
Last update:
‎06-02-2022 02:53 PM
Updated by: