The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mark Roethof
Tera Patron
Tera Patron

Hi there,

A frequently asked question concerning Virtual Agent: Can we add our own Chat Menu items? Up to the Orlando-release: No, not possible. This is controlled within the $sn-va-web-client-app.do page, a page we cannot access. With the Paris-release though, Eureka: customizable Chat Menu options!

Chat Menu

The chat menu provides default options for contacting support. Out-of-the-box this looks like:

find_real_file.png

You are able to disable these options, or to change the string text shown. Though the actual behavior of the Chat Menu items can not be changed up to the Orlando-release. Also adding your own Chat Menu options is also not possible up to the Orlando-release.

Paris-release

With the Paris-release, the "Branding" module has been renamed to "Branding and Chat Menu". When looking at the Branding Setup, a Related List "Menu Items has been added".

find_real_file.png

Customizable Chat Menu

Options like changing the values or disabling the present Chat Menu items still exists. Though now, you are also able to add your own Chat Menu items!

When adding your own Chat Menu item, the options are:
- Adding your Label;
- Selecting a type (Email, Link, Text, Phone);
- Defining the Order in which the Chat Menu item is displayed;
- Applying a Default icon or adding your own.

For this Community article, let's add a link to the ServiceNow Paris-release notes:

find_real_file.png

Result

find_real_file.png

---

And that's it actually. Hope you like it. If any questions or remarks, let me know!

👍
If this post helped you in any way, I would appreciate it if you hit bookmark or mark it as helpful.

Interested in more articles, blogs, videos, and Share projects on Virtual Agent I published?
Virtual Agent

Kind regards,
Mark
2020 ServiceNow Community MVP
2020 ServiceNow Developer MVP

---

LinkedIn

Comments
Eric M
Giga Expert

If only they would have thought about putting a visibility option on it. large organizations don't have a single phone #. so you need the option for by user location/country etc.  

Thanks for the overview of Paris. 

Eric 

Yasmin
Kilo Guru

Thanks for the article Mark. Do you know if there is a library of icons we can access to add new icons for each new menu items we add into the chat menu support? Or do we just add our own icons? 

Regards!

Yasmin

Mark Roethof
Tera Patron
Tera Patron

Hi Yasmin,

I don't see an option to use a library here. Only options are using the default icons or unchecking that field and selecting a file to upload to the instance.

Kind regards,
Mark

JC S_
Mega Guru

Let's make this a reality by voting on the Idea Portal! I submitted just this very concern here. The built-in user criteria restriction of ServiceNow is our solution here.

Mary Beth Hutch
Mega Guru

Thank you for the information! Is launching a topic, an option in the Type dropdown? We have a requirement to ask a few questions of our uses, prior to allowing them to "Transfer to a Live Chat Agent" - we are stuck in Orlando, because we cannot change the topic that is called when Live Agent is accessed from the Contact Support Menu.

Mark Roethof
Tera Patron
Tera Patron

Hi there,

Don't picture a solution for what you are describing. Do understand your question and can imagine why using that (could be useful!), though don't see a way of achieving such 😞

Kind regards,
Mark

Brandon R1
Tera Contributor

In Orlando, where are the values in the Branding Setup such as Chat Header, Call Label, and Chat Label stored?? I located system properties such as sys_cs_branding_setup but it only contains the default values.

Thanks,

Brandon

Mark Roethof
Tera Patron
Tera Patron

Hi there,

For Orlando:

Table:
sys_cs_branding_setup

Out-of-the-box, record:
Default Branding

If my answer helped you in any way, please then mark it as helpful.

Kind regards,
Mark
2020, 2021 ServiceNow Community MVP
2020, 2021 ServiceNow Developer MVP

---

LinkedIn
Community article, blog, video list

Jasmine Jenny M
Tera Expert

Hi @Mark Roethof,

I wanted to know where from is 'Estimated wait time:' in Contact Live agent menu item is coming from.

I know that the wait time is calculated from a business rule, but wanted to know from where is this 'Estimate wait time:'  string is displayed and translated.

find_real_file.png

Version history
Last update:
‎09-13-2020 10:55 PM
Updated by: