The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mark Roethof
Tera Patron
Tera Patron

Hi there,

When working with List Controls, out-of-the-box, it looks like the Omit options are just limited to a checkbox condition, true or false. A hidden gem some of you might already know, so not completely new, out-of-the-box there are "Omit * condition" fields available! They are just not on the out-of-the-box form layout. Having conditional Omit options gives great new possibilities.

Out-of-the-box

Out-of-the-box [Orlando] the form lay-out for List Control looks like below. Only checkboxes "Omit * button" and lists "* roles" available.

find_real_file.png

Available "Omit * condition" fields

Six (6) other Omit * condition fields are available out-of-the-box:
- "Omit new condition"
- "Omit edit condition"
- "Omit empty condition"
- "Omit columns condition"
- "Omit filter condition"
- "Omit links condition"

find_real_file.png

Adding the "Omit * condition" fields

… to your instance or to your company implementation best practice a.s.a.p.! More advanced conditions could be made with these condition fields, instead of being limited to the "Omit * button" and "* roles" fields.

find_real_file.png

Note: Be aware that changing the form layout does affect future patches/upgrades. If a change by ServiceNow might be done on the List Control form lay-out, this will result in a Skipped Update.

To finish off, let's just add UI Policies to hide the "Omit * condition" fields, if the associated checkbox is checked. Below an example for "Omit new condition".

find_real_file.png

---

And that's it actually. Hope you like it. If any questions or remarks, let me know!

đź‘Ť
If this post helped you in any way, I would appreciate it if you hit bookmark or mark it as helpful.

Interested in more articles, blogs, videos, and Share projects on General / Platform I published?
General / Platform

Kind regards,
Mark
2020 ServiceNow Community MVP
2020 ServiceNow Developer MVP

---

LinkedIn

Comments
AbhishekGardade
Mega Sage
Mega Sage

Congratulations Mark for continuously posting articles and sharing a knowledge with Now Community. kudos to You " @Mark Roethof 

Tanushree Doiph
Mega Guru

It is really a helpful Article

Thanks

Tanushree

Mwatkins
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Hi Mark,

Great article! A similar feature that comes in Orlando is the "Remove pagination count" checkbox. It also must be added to the form.

The goal of this feature is to save list load time by omitting the result count from the pagination header. Instead of saying "1 to 20 of 12,023,234" it will now just say "1 to 20".

This saves the time of running a COUNT(*) query that could potentially take 10's of seconds or even minutes.

Here's a knowledge base article about it:

https://hi.service-now.com/kb_view.do?sysparm_article=KB0817996

Please mark  đź‘Ť if Helpful

Mark Roethof
Tera Patron
Tera Patron

Tnx.

Good HI document. I noticed the Remove pagination count a few days ago when I was writing down this article, noticed it because of the difference between New York and Orlando. Didn't see it before in any release notes, etc..

Looks like a nice addition!

Kind regards,
Mark

Version history
Last update:
‎06-07-2020 02:28 AM
Updated by: