The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mark Roethof
Tera Patron
Tera Patron

Hi there,

Did you notice that when you set Breakpoints or Logpoints to a script field on the Platform UI, these stay "set" until you manually remove them? Even if you woould start a new browser session, the Breakpoints and Logpoints are still in place.
So how does this work?!

Breakpoints and Logpoints

A small recap for if you are unfamiliar with Breakpoints and Logpoints. There's some good reading about both on the Docs: Set or remove breakpoints and Set or remove logpoints. Also recently I've written an article about the Logpoints functionality which got added in the Orlando release: Forget about adding log statements to Server Side script, use logpoints! [Orlando].

Tables

Because it didn't seem session related, I thought might Breakpoints and Logpoints actually be stored on the database? A quick search on the tables gave me:

find_real_file.png

"sys_js_breakpoint" and "sys_js_logpoint"

So these though tables hold all Breakpoints and Logpoints set in your instance! So what can you do with this?! Well this is just a short article finding out some unfamiliar territory in ServiceNow and how some things have been set up 🙂 Though what you can do with this is up to your imagination. For example:

- Instantly removing all Breakpoints / Logpoints;
- When cloning instances, cleaning-up Breakpoints / Logpoints;
- Change a line number quicker for a Breakpoint or Logpoint set;
- Change Breakpoint conditions quicker;
- Keep Breakpoints though only remove the condition;
- Etcetera.

So what you can do with this is up to your imagination!

---

And that's it actually. Hope you like it. If any questions or remarks, let me know!

đź‘Ť
If this post helped you in any way, I would appreciate it if you hit bookmark or mark it as helpful.

Interested in more articles, blogs, videos, and Share projects on Script Editor I published?
Script Editor

Kind regards,
Mark
2020 ServiceNow Community MVP
2020 ServiceNow Developer MVP

---

LinkedIn

Comments
Daniel A-C
Tera Expert
I’ve noticed the entries seem to be cached, presumably in the session. An addition, modification or removal on these tables doesn’t seem to update the cached copy but a log in/ log out seems to pick them up.
Mark Roethof
Tera Patron
Tera Patron

That's what I initially theoretically thought would be the case. Though while searching, theses tables seemed to be the key. No caching experienced here. Will keep an eye out on this.

Robert Fedoruk
Tera Sage
Tera Sage

I was thinking about this right after I discovered break/logpoints too.  Did a quick video on how Xplore made it a TON easier.

Version history
Last update:
‎06-28-2020 09:58 PM
Updated by: