The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kristian dimitr
Giga Guru

Overview

After our first post Troubleshooting and Debugging - User Access Application in this series, we would like to share with you a tool that helps in answering a very common set of questions on the Now Platform like 'Can I get the same access as user X' or 'why I don't have access to the record when user Y does have'?

User Comparison is a tool built as a single page application on the ServiceNow Portal and it's primarily focused on helping the ServiceNow administrators to quickly compare details of two platform users - Base User and Compare to User without navigating and manually searching in several platform tables and forms while trying to compare and identify the differences between the users. 

Having the users that we would like to compare, we can straight away find the details and information that we need in the different sections of the application:

find_real_file.png

Section Details

• Base User Information and Organization Information

These two sections provide the main details of the compared users, as well as quick links to the user records on the Platform (the fields needed to be compared could be easily updated using the Widget Options).

find_real_file.png

• Role Section 

The role section gives a list of the compared users' roles with a handy option to hide the matching roles so we can see all of the roles related to the compared users, as well as quickly identify the difference in them.

find_real_file.png

• Group Section

The group section gives the compared users' groups and their roles, as well as the same useful option to hide the matching groups.

find_real_file.png

• User Criteria

And the last section of the form shows the matching user criteria against the selected users.

find_real_file.png

Please let me know if you find this tool useful, you want to know more about it, or if you have any ideas and suggestions for it.

Thank you!

Kristian Dimitrov

Bright Consulting

Comments
Joyce4
Kilo Expert

I was unable to find this tool in ServiceNow

kristian dimitr
Giga Guru

Hi Joyce,

Thank you for your message!

It's a custom tool created by us to ease the user comparison for our customers. The tool is not available as a standard application for now.

If you're interested in using it or you would like to know more about it, please contact me at my email address: k.dimitrov@bright.consulting

Thank you!

Kristian

Aurora H_
Kilo Contributor

Hello and thank you for the post, I am unable to find this in ServiceNow also. Can someone advise where this is located or how to obtain?

kristian dimitr
Giga Guru

Hi Aurora,

The tool is not available as a standard application for now.

Drop me an email at k.dimitrov@bright.consulting and I will send you the application.

Regards!

Kristian

GrahamC
Tera Contributor

That's a really useful looking tool Kristian, is it still available?

G24
Tera Guru

Is this tool available in the ServiceNow Store? 

Version history
Last update:
‎03-20-2021 09:18 AM
Updated by: