The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
madhurig1
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

To complete the Foundational videos achievement and make progress toward a Now Creators Super badge, you must be logged in to the Now Community.

Part One | User Experience

1. Overview User Experience (5:22)
  2. What is ServiceNow and How Can It Help Me Do My Job? (5:51)
  3. Quick Tour of the ServiceNow Platform (5:24)
  4. How to Request Something (3:10)
  5. How to Report an Issue (5:43)
  6. How to Use the Knowledge Base (6:25)

Part Two | Getting Started

1. Overview Platform Architecture (5:51)
  2. Applications on the ServiceNow Platform (6:50)
  3. Tables, Records, and Fields (9:06)
  4. Navigating HI (7:24)
  5. Locating Resources (5:35)

Part Three | User Interface

1. Overview User Interface (5:22) 
  2. Getting Started with the Application Navigator (3:59)
  3. Getting Started with Lists (12:25)
  4. Getting Started with Forms (10:32)
  5. Service Portal Overview (5:22)

Part Four | Process User and Manager Capabilities

1. Getting Started with the ITIL Role(11:05)

Part Five | System Configuration

1. Performing Basic Setup in Your Instance (3:59)
  2. Application Menus and Modules (4:14)
  3. Form Layout and Design (7:26)
  4. Working with Dashboards (6:34)
  5. Business Rules (6:57)
  6. Configuring Inbound Actions and Notifications (6:25)

Part Six | Service Catalog

1. Service Catalog Administration Overview (6:25)
  2. Creating Service Catalog Categories (5:41)
  3. Creating Service Catalog Items (6:34)
  4. Creating Service Catalog Record Producers (7:32)
  5. Creating Service Catalog Execution Plans and Workflows (10:55)

Part Seven | IT Service Management

1. Incident Management (11:40)
  2. Problem Management (9:28)
  3. Change Management (8:03)

find_real_file.png

Ready for more?

Register for our ServiceNow Fundamentals course and

take a deep dive into all the topics discussed in

this video series!

Note: This article is posted on behalf of ServiceNow Training team.

Comments
Senai
Tera Contributor

Well laid out content - brief and precise explanations driven by intuitive, easy to follow videos. Job well done!

mwilsonghc
Tera Contributor

How long does it take to view all videos in the course?

katharine_campb
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

This is about three hours of content total. However, most of the individual videos are about five minutes long.

stefanriedlinge
Kilo Explorer

Gives a good overview

santiagoa_
Tera Contributor

I ´m seeing the web courses, but when I finish I don ´t received any point. Anyone know how to report this issue?

Thanks

Inactive_Us1890
Tera Contributor

Hi,

I have been through the videos a couple of times over the past couple of months, but it never shows up as "completed", neither does it have an option to register.

How can this be fixed?katharine.campbell

katharine_campb
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Hi Santiago and jsnowj,

Thanks for the questions. This video set is informal and not tracked or assessed. It's not a credited course, just a reference for your own use (though we do recommend watching it before taking the System Administration course).

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

ericqu
Kilo Explorer

Hi,

I want to know these free video if can help to get an 'System Administrator Certificate', or need to continue to attend the 3 days courses ? thanks.

katharine_campb
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Hi Eric,

This video series does not provide certification, you will still have to register for System Administration. However, I do recommend that you watch these videos before taking the training since they supplement that course.

kathrynaml
Kilo Contributor

Hi,

I'm clicking on the link in this sentence: For Helsinki and earlier releases, see this document.

However, the document link brings me to the same page. Do you have the videos for Helsinki?

Thank you,

Kathryn

danielbrennan
Giga Contributor

Do you have comprehensive written material?     I would prefer not to watch any more videos if possible.

bhagyaraj
Kilo Explorer

Can some one help on below query

How to download the completion cerificate or where we will get the course end screen?

eswaramoorthis
Kilo Explorer

Good brief xplanations. Kudos team.

mallikarjunapat
Kilo Explorer

Can some one help on below query

How to download the completion certificate or where we will get the course end screen?

katharine_campb
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Hi Mallikarjuna,

This video set is informal and not tracked or assessed. It does not provide certification so there is no official end screen.   It's just a reference for your own use (though we do recommend watching it before taking the System Administration course).

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

katharine_campb
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Hi Kathryn,

The old foundations course has been retired. We went ahead and removed the link from this course page. I apologize for the confusion.

You can find detailed information for all supported releases on our doc site: https://docs.servicenow.com/

katharine_campb
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Hi Daniel,

I recommend checking out our doc site: https://docs.servicenow.com/

ericqu
Kilo Explorer

whether provide a web-based course ?

best

Eric

kendrarich
Kilo Explorer

Our company used to use these foundations videos for ITIL and end user training, but it appears the videos have been moved to You Tube. Due to firewall restrictions, our company's users cannot access You Tube videos. Is there another location where these videos can be accessed?

Thank you!

deepakkumarsing
Kilo Explorer

Unable to view video in full screen

ericqu
Kilo Explorer
katharine_campb
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Hi Deepak,

Try using the link to view the video on YouTube. It looks like full screen doesn't work for the embedded videos but it does work if you are viewing them on YouTube. There are links available for those videos directly underneath each one.

Let me know if this works.

admin_michelle
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Hi Eric,

The first link is to the ServiceNow corporate page for the Certified System Administrator exam. This page has the link to the exam specification, which details the Learning Domains in the exam.

ServiceNow deploys all of its certifications using the Kryterion Webassessor platform. To test, you must create a user account and select a day and time. Note that you can use your own system to test (ONLINE), or go to a Kryterion testing center (ONSITE).

The Certified System Administrator exam is based on the System Administration course, so attending a class is highly recommended. Note that we are in the process of changing the name of this class to ServiceNow Fundamentals.

Hope this helps,

Michelle

manon5
Kilo Contributor

For the ServiceNow Foundation you are supposed to follow activities split up in Modules.

However there are no modules listed in the page above that correspond to the training:

Activities ServiceNow Foundation.jpg

How do you know which movies to watch and which ones to postpone to a later date?

asifnoor
Kilo Patron
Kilo Patron

Will this be applicable to Jakarta as well?

moesnow
Kilo Explorer

Is there a difference between this ServiceNow Foundation Videos and the actual ServiceNow Foundation class?

timfox
Kilo Explorer

I loved that you could watch at your own pace. Videos were well done

woodyfairley
Mega Guru

I repeated several of the short videos a number of times in order to absorb the rich content, I advise allowing yourself a few days to go through the videos and review them, and to allow yourself time to research more carefully some of the content that may be briefly touched by the videos. Overall the content is quite good and not dry, but it is very dense with information.

Vincent Kelly
Mega Explorer

Really helped explain a lot about the platform to me as a newbie, thanks and well done.

Allen Andreas
Tera Patron
Tera Patron

I agree.

I'm a user who has been assigned to be my company's system administration for SNow and see the Foundations course which is $2k, etc. but I've read there is a pre-req to complete the e-learning first...which directs me to this page...but then there isn't an enroll button or anything to officially assign it to myself and complete it.

katharine_campb
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Hi Allen,

This is an informal pre-req to the Foundations course. It is recommended you watch this but not required. These videos are not tracked or assessed so you don't need to enroll.

Please let me know if there are any other questions I can answer.

admin_michelle
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Yes, there is a difference. The video series uses the admin role, and in the ServiceNow Fundamentals course, other roles and personas are used to complete hands-on labs, use the UI, and show the security model used by the ServiceNow platform.

Note that the ServiceNow System Administration course has been renamed to ServiceNow Fundamentals.

ServiceNow Fundamentals

diane11
Kilo Explorer

Any idea why I cannot view in Fullscreen?   Have tried in both Chrome and IE.

Says Fullscreen is unavailable.

I am able to view other non-Service Now You Tube videos in full screen.

Found these via direct You Tube search and Fullscreen works.

katharine_campb
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Hi Diane,

I am sorry you are having this problem. We are looking into it.

As a workaround, you can watch the videos directly on YouTube by playing the video and clicking YouTube on the lower right. From there you should be able to make the videos full screen.

maggieo
Mega Guru

Right click on the topic and copy the shortcut. Then paste it into the address bar of your browser, it will take a moment to redirect but opens to Youtube and you can view your video

maggieo
Mega Guru

Great videos, sometimes a little too fast, but one can always go back, and if more info needed the kb is excellent.

I noticed a slight error on the navigating HI video, there is a place where the speaker talks about scheduling upgrades and he says " We want to schedule the upgrade after bus hours @ 10 pm which is 20:00 in 24 hour clock" ... i think this is incorrect and it should be 22:00.

katharine_campb
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Thank you for letting us know, Maggie! We appreciate the feedback.

amer26
Kilo Explorer

Is there PDF version of "service-now foundation" instead of Videos?

admin_michelle
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Hi Amer,

This is the first time someone has asked! Not at this time.

Best,

Michelle

srirao
Mega Expert

While I was searching for Performance Analytics training, I came across this - https://www.servicenow.com/services/training-and-certification/performance-analytics.html which in turn refers to the essentials course and that's how I landed here.

However, I am unable to find any videos related to the Analytics training.

Has anyone found the Analytics Essentials training else where?

@madhurigudiseva can you please look into this?

Thanks

MikeB1
Kilo Explorer

These videos are impressive for providing quality explanations of the ServiceNow system. I've worked with it some already because of my employer, but had no idea how robust this product is or what it was really about. These were an eye opener.

marci_phelan
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Nice to know! Thanks!

Uwe3
Kilo Explorer

this Videos provide a great overview

Z_ Patrick Lewi
Kilo Explorer

You can view a playlist of all of the videos on this page using the following link:

ServiceNow Foundations Videos

katharine_campb
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Thanks for sharing the playlist link, Patrick! 

Sontel
Tera Contributor

Hello Madhuri, Thanks for sharing the content. I'm looking for SN scripting videos(Client script,BR, Script Include). If anyone has the link to those tutorials, then please do share over here.

marci_phelan
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

The Foundations collection provides basic information about the ServiceNow platform. It doesn't cover advanced topics, such as scripting. You can find information about scripting on the Developer Portal.

Chuck Tomasi
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Hi Sonesh, I invite you to take a look at the TechNow series we've been doing since 2013. We cover many scripting aspects including server side, client side, script includes, GlideAjax, and more.

TechNow Episode List

You may also find our Live Coding Happy Hour videos helpful from our Developer Program.

Sontel
Tera Contributor

Wow!! Didn't know about this Chuck. Thanks a ton for sharing this link. I will surely make use of it for learning.

One more thing I would like to highlight, I was going through the Learning Path of the ServiceNow to learn advanced concepts of the scripting (https://developer.servicenow.com/app.do#!/trainlist/app_store_learnv2_scripting_kingston_scripting_in_servicenow?v=kingston) but ended up finding that the example and exercises are created around NeedItApplication. This made me look for other learning solutions instead of this as I don't want to install NeedItApplication. Is there any other plan or lesson in place which teaches scripting without setting up NeedItAppication?

Chuck Tomasi
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Hi Sonesh,

I don't know if other learning plans with different use cases are available. I recommend using the Feedback option in the upper right of developer.servicenow.com to ask.

Version history
Last update:
‎05-16-2017 03:32 PM
Updated by: