The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alex Appiani
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

ITSM Value Realization Webinar Series

Change Management: CAB Workbench

Original airdate April 26, 2017 - 10am PDT

Learning.png

Join this ServiceNow webinar to learn more about the new CAB Workbench feature introduced in the Istanbul release.

This webinar will provide a detailed background about the feature, its benefits, and include a demonstration that will show how to schedule, plan, and manage CAB Meetings using the CAB Workbench.

If you have questions while watching the recording, post them as comments down below.

Presentation slides are available below (2.3MB PDF). 

Featured Speakers

JasonOcchialini.jpgJason Occhialini is a Senior Product Manager in the ITSM business unit and product owner for Change Management. He has more than two decades of experience helping customers recognize value from ITSM solutions. With years of experience working with customers, he's a vocal customer advocate for the products he leads.

RohanTyagi.jpgRohan Tyagi is an ITSM Customer Experience Manager at ServiceNow. Rohan has more than 7 years of experience in enterprise software helping several medium to large enterprises implement, adopt, and realize value from their investments in the software. He's been with ServiceNow for about a year, and his current focus is to improve the overall experience for ITSM customers by aligning internal processes and external resources. Rohan maintains his certification for ITiL.

Find More ITSM Guides Webinars:   ITSM Value Realization Webinars - Calendar

Comments
Travers M
Mega Guru

I'm sorry I missed this one.   I didn't sign up either, sadly.     How much time passes before these are in the on demand section to view?    

Alex Appiani
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Hi Travers, expect the recording to be available by the end of the day.

Regards,

Alex

maureenmarshall
Kilo Explorer

We cannot get the Agenda Items to accurately populate on the CAB Workbench.

Working on the Jakarta Sandbox the CAB Definition is setup and the Aug 28 CAB meeting
is selected.   In Agenda Management the Change Request starting after date and Change Requests starting on or before
date are set.   The filter conditions are set to Risk is one of High or Moderate.  
When we Refresh Agenda items results in zero records.  

Doing a Change, All search with the exact same parameters results in 6 records.

We have done multiple searches with different dates and the results are always
different.   The Agenda Items search result is always zero.

We hope you can provide some guidance on how to make the Agenda Items populate.

Thank you

pritika
Kilo Explorer

Hello,

I need to restrict visibility of   approve and reject button according to my workflow on CAB workbench form.

Can you please guide me from where approve and reject button comes on cab workbench form,
I tried and noticed it's not one of UI Action.

Thanks

roland_mattheus
Tera Contributor

Hello all,

does anyone know how to include standard change proposals to the CAB workbench.

Within our Change Management, every Standard Change Proposal has to be approved by CAB, so it would be necessary to have them in the workbench too.

Regards

Roland

amay
Mega Explorer

Hello -

I work for Disney, we are a ServiceNow customer, we just turned CAB Workbench on. Can we use this demo video for training purposes? Post it in a ServiceNow KB article?

Thanks, Aaron

Alex Appiani
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Hi Aaron, I'm not sure I understand your question: the webinar recording is publicly available, so you can direct as many people as you like to it.

Les1
Giga Guru

FYI

The video link appears broken. If able would be great to have that re-linked, we're looking at implementing change mgt, so having that  was a nice resource.

thank

kennyo1
Mega Contributor

Hi Jason, 

I can't seem to access the link to the video and the slides. Looks like there's a break somewhere. Can you re-post this please?

Thank you!

Alex Appiani
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Webinar recording should be active now. Slides are available as an attachment.

Les1
Giga Guru

slide deck is now available, but clicking the video link still results in: 

You can't access this recording because it has been deleted or is no longer available. For more information, contact the recording owner.

thanks

rohantyagi
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Hi Maureen, you may have figured it our already. Apologies for the delay in response. 

The criteria allows you to put AND and OR conditions to get exactly the changes that you want to see on the agenda. Please try giving a exact criteria to match that particular change with OR conditions and see if that helps. 

rohantyagi
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

CAB workbench only exposes the Approve and Deny options to those users who have an approval record for that change. All other policies that you define in platform, whether the change requires approval from one of the approvers or a certain percentage of all approvers or a number of approvers, remain applicable. CAB workbench follows the change approval policies that you have defined. 

rohantyagi
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Roland, by default changes need to be in the authorize state to show up on your CAB meeting agenda. You could override this by using the CAB Agenda Filter Criteria to define the states you want on your agenda.

roland_mattheus
Tera Contributor

Rohantyagi, thank you for your answer. But i think you didn't understand my question correctly. I don't want to include change_requests with the type "Standard", i want to include open standard change proposals (std_change_proposal) within the workbench. Is there a way to do this?

Regards

Roland

linwyrick
Kilo Contributor

What is the difference in ability and functionality of:  CAB Board Member, person with role of sn_change_cab.cab_manager, and CAB attendee?

If a Board CAB Member rejects a CR, is it rejected for the whole CAB?

Are a certain number of votes required to Approve a CR, or only the CAB Managers approval?

Can we take attendance of those attending who are not Board Members?

Is there anyway to take the vote option away from a CAB Board Member?

Thanks....

Version history
Last update:
‎03-21-2017 10:24 AM
Updated by: