The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alex Appiani
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Where can I find the product documentation?

For Enterprise, look at the Product Documentation site, and select the appropriate ServiceNow version.

For Express, look at the Documentation section of the Express Support site.

What other resources are available?

The HI Knowledge Base is a good resource to learn about upgrades or anything related to the management of your ServiceNow instances.

Resources like white papers and eBooks are available on the Resources page of the ServiceNow website.

For an overview of ITSM solutions, look at the IT Service Management page on the ServiceNow website.

ServiceNow community is a good resource to learn, discuss and connect with other ServiceNow customers, experts and partners. Community hosts many Ask the Expert sessions, helpful blogs, webinars, videos and discussions

Is there a place to help me better understand the different stages of ITIL?

Check the "Quick Start - An Overview of ITIL" series of eBooks, beginning with Service Strategy. You must fill out a form in order to access the PDF. Inside the Service Strategy book are links to the other stages (Design, Transition, Operation, Service Improvement).

How do I find out about the product roadmap or upcoming features?

ServiceNow does not formally publish product roadmaps. During customer events, such as SNUG meetings, NowForums, and Knowledge event, ServiceNow sometimes previews upcoming features or shares future development plans. The Design Council Program is designed to share product strategy and get customer feedback on upcoming releases. The Early Access program gives customers access to the upcoming release approximately one month before market launch. If you are interested in participating in either program, contact your Sales Representative for more information.

Is there information outside ServiceNow that would be helpful to me?

Your best source of information is ServiceNow and its official documentation resources. There are several books written by third-parties which may be useful, but ServiceNow does not officially recommend third-party books.

What are the technical requirements for supported browsers and other plug ins?

Access the Product Documentation site, select your release (e.g. Istanbul), then look for the Release Notes tile.

Where do I find documentation for developers?

The ServiceNow Developer site has a section dedicated to Documentation. Make sure to select the appropriate release version in the lower-right corner of the screen! The same site has extensive documentation about the ServiceNow API.

What's the quickest way to get a product-related answer?

In addition to searching the product documentation and other resources listed here, questions on the ServiceNow Community (this site) or the Express Forums are often answered in a matter of hours. Please look at Learning - Community and Groups to learn more.

Where can I find a list of all ServiceNow products?

Look at the ServiceNow Products page on the ServiceNow website.

Version history
Last update:
‎12-02-2016 10:18 AM
Updated by: