Announcing the Global SNUG Board of Directors. Learn more here

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eric Feron

Businesses are under increased regulatory pressure to satisfy higher safety standards while at the same time the universe of risks they are exposed to, driven by digital transformation, is growing like never before. 

In the middle of all this we find dedicated professionals and teams with limited resources who need to keep businesses compliant: they need the right tools. 

In this 13 minute video, Anushree Randad, Principal Product Manager in the Risk Business Unit at ServiceNow, takes us step by step through all the challenges that IT Compliance professionals have to contend with and explains how the ServiceNow applications deliver value.

Video Contents:

00:01 Introductions

01:07 Five factors that create challenges for IT Compliance professionals (BOYD, Software management, data protection regulations, vendors, IOT.

02:38 Siloed enterprise systems make things complicated and inefficient.

03:32 What IT Compliance teams need: effectiveness and efficiency.

04:03 The six key aspects of Policy and Compliance: Policy Management, Policy exceptions, Policy Acknowledgements, Issues and Remediation, Continuous Monitoring, Integrations.

05:40 Policy Management: challenges and solutions.

06:22 Policy exceptions: challenges and solutions.

07:17 Policy Acknowledgements: challenges and solutions.

08:17 Continuous Monitoring, Integrations: challenges and solutions.

08:49 Issues and Remediation: challenges and solutions.

09:56 Integrations: challenges and solutions.

11:34 What to do right now.

12:07 Conclusion and reminders.

Download the slide in PDF format:

Comments
amurana2
Tera Contributor

Hi, Eric and Anushree, 

In the presentation, I saw Policy Exceptions, but I did not see Deviation.  Where/how can we create a Deviation application in Policy Mgmt. and Compliance module?  Do you know the use-case?  Thank you. 

Anushree Randad
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Hi Amurana,

Can you elaborate more on what exactly are you expecting in deviation use case, which is different from exceptions?

Thanks,

Anushree

amurana2
Tera Contributor

Hi, Anushree, 

As issue handling, we used to have exceptions and remediations in the past.  Now we have policy exceptions, deviations (if we cannot remediate timely), and remediations as issue handling.  Maybe we can create a deviations app. like a policy exception app. under Policy and Compliance app. to go through the approval stage.  What do you think?  

Anushree Randad
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Hi Amurana,

Can't the deviations be handled in our issue management module? And use review/approval process from issue module for this? Since exceptions provides a way for you to track deviations and issues provides remediation actions, I am not sure why would we need another module for this? Let me know if I am missing something here.

Thanks,

Anushree

Version history
Last update:
‎12-20-2019 12:08 PM
Updated by: