The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ranganayaki
Giga Expert

Hello ServiceNow Community,

If you are looking for marking a KB article and Catalog Items as Favourites then this article is for you.
I personally know people looking to have a favourites list of their own but this in turn needs a customisation until Quebec.This is available in OOTB from ROME.

We have something "Enable Favourites" option is available while creating a portal or on a portal record.

find_real_file.png

Note: If the field is not available you can add it from the "Form Layout"

This enables the "My Favourites" Menu and a star icon on articles and Catalog Items.

find_real_file.png

You can see the favourites under the "My Favourites" Menu.

find_real_file.png

In the backend, the table that stores these favourites is "sp_favorite".

Source: ServiceNow Documentation

Thanks,

RK

Comments
sunil29
Tera Contributor

Explained clearly

Aditya Shrivast
Kilo Contributor

Thanks for the detailed explanation. Looking forward to more features of ROME.

Jitendra Kumar
Mega Explorer

Impressive and detailed information given, hope to see more articles

Pooja Magadum1
Tera Expert

Thank you for providing this info.

I have upgraded my PDI to ROME, now can mark KB as favorite however I'm unable to see any option to mark Catalog Item as favorite. Can you please let me know, from where I can achieve this ? 

Thanks,
Pooja

Priya90
Kilo Explorer

Hello,

When enabling this post Rome upgrade, End users (snc_internal role) and case workers were not able to add catalog items as favorites. But admins can add both kb and catalog items into favorites. 

Did anyone face such issues? if so, how to fix the same. 

Thanks in advance. 

Priya

Alexander17
Giga Guru

Dear,

I have followed your steps.. somehow now only the services are being shown on the favourites page.. and not the articles. what can it be?

vajgsgc
Tera Contributor

Hi All, 

We have created the new portal. where in we have enable favorites but could not able to see the favorites marker in both catalog item and knowledge article. i have tryied with both admin and other user. could you help how to fix this. 

find_real_file.pngfind_real_file.png

gayatri13
Tera Contributor

I have enabled favourites on portal but still not getting my favourite on header in employee center could you please help?

arnoh
Giga Guru

We are in Rome, but after enabling favorites on the Service Portal, I do not see a favorite star, only thing that does appear is the favorites in the header.

Anybody have an idea how to fix this?

Version history
Last update:
‎07-23-2021 03:25 AM
Updated by: