The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mark Roethof
Tera Patron
Tera Patron

Hi there,

Noticed after the San Diego upgrade, that two different modals are presented after first login? Modals which are presented to every user.

Sure it's only one click for every user (on the next login the modal will not be presented anymore), though personally I find modals like these really annoying and last week this was also asked twice on the Now Community.

Let's dig into this! Just a short article on how to prevent these modals.

Next Experience enabled (User Preference, "glide.ui.polaris.use" == true)

The modal which is presented to every user upon initial login after the San Diego release, for users which have the Next Experience turned on:

find_real_file.png

After a user closes the modal, a User Preference "overview_help.visited.SanDiego" is created. To prevent having this modal shown to all your users, you could create a similar User Preference. Only difference with the field "System" checked, and the field "User" empty. That's it!

find_real_file.png

Next Experience disabled (User Preference, "glide.ui.polaris.use" == false)

The modal which is presented to every user upon initial login after the San Diego release, for users which have the Next Experience turned off:

find_real_file.png

After a user closes the modal, a User Preference "overview_help.visited.navui" is created. To prevent having this modal shown to all your users, you could create a similar User Preference. Only difference with the field "System" checked, and the field "User" empty. That's it!

find_real_file.png

---

And that's it. Hope you like it. If any questions or remarks, let me know!

đź‘Ť
If this post helped you in any way, I would appreciate it if you hit bookmark or mark it as helpful.

Interested in more articles, blogs, videos, and Share projects on User Interface I published?
- User Interface

Kind regards,
Mark
2020-2022 ServiceNow Community MVP
2020-2022 ServiceNow Developer MVP

---

LinkedIn

Comments
Michael Everson
Tera Contributor

I think the user preference names may be reversed.

In our org's upgraded instance (SD Patch 2), where polaris was disabled by default, we have a modal that is dependant on 'overview_help.visited.SanDiego'.

In my personal dev instance (SD Patch 1), with polaris enabled, there is a modal that seems linked to 'overview_help.visited.navui'.

xiaix
Tera Guru

Brilliant... I too find these types of things extremely annoying.  Thanks for the posting fix before we upgrade production!

Pankaj Jadhav
Tera Contributor

There is new property for Tokyo "overview_help.visited.NextExperience".

Byron Plant
Tera Contributor

Hi Mr. @Mark Roethof 

We recently upgraded our DEV instance from TOKYO to UTAH.

However, in our DEV instance, the message:  "Thanks for upgrading your ServiceNow instance!" keep on showing every time we log in. 

Is it possible to permanently disable this? We are planning to upgrade our PRODUCTION instance next month and we don't want our users to deal with this every time they login.

thanks.jpg

I created a User Preference to disable this but it's still showing up after logging in.

PREFERENCE.jpg

Mark Roethof
Tera Patron
Tera Patron

Have you checked that there are no other User Preferences with the same name? Which might interfere? Also double check that the Name of the User Preference is correct.

Kind regards,
Mark

Byron Plant
Tera Contributor

It's working now. Thank you so much @Mark Roethof 

R4GH4V
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Thanks Mark, worked well for my automation test đź™‚

Version history
Last update:
‎04-11-2022 11:18 PM