cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lisa Latour
Administrator
Administrator

find_real_file.png

Below is the CSM Q&A from the Live Broadcast Webinar for the Kingston Release, Unveiling the Latest Innovations from ServiceNow

Register to Watch the webinar on demand.

find_real_file.png

Q:  Are the updates for Communities only for Customer Service users?

A:  Correct – Communities was added to Customer Service Management in the Jakarta release last year. It is currently only available with Customer Service Management.

Q:  Does Kingston offer the ability to control what content displays in a knowledge article based on the ID of the user accessing the article? For example, if I'm a service desk technician and I open an article, I see more technical information than if I'm a business user opening the same article. How far in the future is this planned for?

This is not a current feature for Knowledge Management but is on the roadmap for a future release.

Due to the nature of software development, we can’t make guarantees. We can only tell you it is a popular request and we have it on the near-term roadmap to deliver.

Q:  I'm looking for Search Tuning training specific to KM.  I checked your training site but was unable to locate anything.  Can you help me understand if this is something you provide and if not, who I can reach out to possible discuss a Professional Services person who might offer this? Thank you.

A:  Start with this post in the ServiceNow Community:

Harness the power of Knowledge Search

There are many links in this post that refer to the product documentation, so this is also a good place to explore. If any of the embedded links are broken, please search within the product doc itself, for whatever version you are using. When you go into the product doc, if you scroll down the left-hand navigation area, you’ll see the appropriate part of the doc opened up.  Be sure to also look under ‘Search Administration.’

Some additional posts to review:

Additionally, this course - https://www.servicenow.com/services/training-and-certification/implementation-bootcamp.html - includes search tuning.

Version history
Last update:
‎03-30-2018 12:22 PM
Updated by: