The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chuck Tomasi
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Come discover what's new in the Now Platform Paris release. New features include things like an easy way to build process playbooks and OpenID SSO. We also have a lot of enhancements to Flow Designer, IntegrationHub, source control, Instance Data Replication, Automated Test Framework, and more. All of these make it easier for you to configure and create solutions for your organization while providing a great experience and unlocking productivity. Join the TechNow team as they show you around the new tools to add to your toolbox!

Originally aired: July 28, 2020 8:00 AM PT

Featured Experts

Chuck Tomasi is a Sr. Developer Evangelist for ServiceNow. He is a computer science major with over 35 years of IT experience. As a former ServiceNow customer, Chuck won the first Innovation of the Year Award at Knowledge 10. Since joining ServiceNow in 2010 as a Technical Consultant, he has done many large scale ITSM implementations and custom applications, acted as an adjunct instructor for Education Services, created and lead the Technical Best Practices program, makes appearances on Live Coding Happy Hour, created dozens of fit for purpose custom applications, and co-hosts the ServiceNow series "TechNow".

Kreg Steppe is a Training and Certification Program Manager within ServiceNow developing and supporting cloud training infrastructure. He specializes in developing integration solutions, automating repeatable processes and Cloud Management in ITOM. Kreg's prior experience includes operating his own ISP, developing web applications in PHP, network integration, managing network support, Application Development on cloud based networks, DNS and email server maintenance. He is a Linux enthusiast and enjoys Photography.

Jeremy Duncan is a Platform Architect on the Innovation team at ServiceNow. Jeremy is an Enterprise Architect with over 16 years of IT and Service Management experience. His experience and certifications span across retail and manufacturing with focuses on hardware, software, and information security specialties. He has done many implementations in both the Enterprise Federal and Commercial spaces since 2011 and brings a breadth of platform knowledge that aids him in sound architectural decisions. He achieved his B.B.A. at MTSU and majored in Information Systems. He spends his free time fighting crime as a volunteer certified police officer in North Nashville since 2012 and enjoys family time, camping, with his wife and kids!

Links Mentioned

Questions and Answers

I see Authentication (External self-user registration) is on a slide but when I tried to enable the plugin for it, it wasn't listed in my PDI. What gives?
-- qdmp nxtfjulyndhwxb
I see it on my Paris PDI. I went to System Definition> Plugins and searched for com.snc.external_user_self_registration, per the docs page. https://docs.servicenow.com/bundle/paris-platform-administration/page/integrate/authentication/task/external-user-registration-plugin.html
-- Chuck Tomasi

Thanks Chuck in advance.. You're awesome
-- Alexander Albrecht
Thank you
-- Chuck Tomasi

When will the "Getting Started" functionality be working in the CSDM module in Paris instance?
-- Steve Wilkins
Please leave feedback on the Orlando version of CSDM if you don't mind. Appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will follow up as well!
-- Jeremy Duncan

Just a note - https://www.servicenow.com/success gives 'page not found' error!
-- Cathy Crosman
I just tried it. Seems to be working fine.
-- Chuck Tomasi

Hi guys! I upgraded immediately after Paris was released to test my Script Includes and Flows... great! Now... any updates on JavaScript ECMA version? Shen should we expect that? Se are way back in time with newer and optimal scripting.
-- Gustavo Posada Florez
ES6 us a common question. Unfortunately I have not yet heard a release target. I'm as sad as anyone on this.
-- Chuck Tomasi

In Agent Workspace is there a plan to allow agents to view Workflows? Today we have to redirect them to the Classic Platform UI to look at workflows in progress
-- Scott Ledwon
The plan is to visualize workflows with Playbook - it is the counterpart to Process Automation Designer. https://docs.servicenow.com/bundle/paris-servicenow-platform/page/administer/workspace/concept/set-up-playbook.html
-- Chuck Tomasi

can the IDR be used for ebonding between the vendor instance?
-- Dunstan Christopher
As far as I know, there's no restriction about which instances are involved in the producer/consumer relationship. I haven't tested this yet. You may want to reach out to customer support or your account team to verify. Please let me know what you find.
-- Chuck Tomasi

Anything new in discovery ?
-- Vijaya Pandian
I'm sorry, I don't know. This webinar focused on the platform features. There were so many changes to other apps and suites that it would not have been practical to cover them all in one hour. I recommend starting with the Paris release notes. I saw something on the identification and reconciliation engine and (although I couldn't find it here), there was something about a discovery agent that provides better data than the old Help The Help Desk. https://docs.servicenow.com/bundle/paris-release-notes/page/release-notes/summary/rn-summary-changes.html
-- Chuck Tomasi

Good job guys.
-- qdmp nxtfjulyndhwxb
Thx qdmp nxtfjulyndhwx.....
-- Jeremy Duncan

In Now Mobile do we have feature of Impersonation as we have in normal fulfiller view
-- viraj hudlikar
Not that I have heard, but I can check.
-- Chuck Tomasi

We used Jumpstart Your Upgrade Program and it would be very good for people starting upgrade. Just a thought
-- Mike Leighton
Good thought. From what I've heard, Upgrade Center will be a much better experience.
-- Chuck Tomasi

Hello Mates :)
-- AMIT KUMAR
Hello Amit!
-- Jeremy Duncan

Awesome. Versioning on ATF was sorely needed.
-- Paul Salamone
Glad you think so. I'd like to see versioning in a few other places too. :)
-- Chuck Tomasi

Okay, What can we do to improve this for future "casting" of this?
-- Yoel Krigsman
I'm afraid I don't understand your question. Can you provide more context in the comments below? Thanks.
-- Chuck Tomasi

When will Paris be fully released?
-- Stephanie Westnedge
October
-- Kreg Steppe

Hi team got one question related with system properties for domain separation api 1)is that allow only to use it for specific domain
-- Gaurav Gurbani
The domain properties can be used across domains. If you set a property value for a specific domain, then that value is only available for that domain. Hope that helps.
-- Chuck Tomasi

Are now experience widgets/components only available on Workspace home pages? Or can we create entire custom new pages, similar to the portal?
-- Shane Hogan
Currently we are building out components for workspace. Those components will work on a portal experience which is on the roadmap to supercede Service Portal
-- Chuck Tomasi

I tried PAD but can't select the table
-- Dhruv Gupta
We'll be doing more blog articles and tables over the next few months. Stay tuned.
-- Chuck Tomasi

What about viewing PDF's using the attachment viewer?
-- Drew West
I haven't heard anything yet. Sounds like a good suggestion for the Idea Portal on the community. That's where our product managers get a lot of their ideas from customers.
-- Chuck Tomasi

Any hope for a future enhancement to make update set migration easier for us less technical users.
-- Irene Mascari
We are working on getting away from Update Sets altogether. There are other easier, simpler methods like the scoped app repo to publish/install or GitHub (with Paris got a lot smarter with delta loading.)
-- Chuck Tomasi

Can you sync across multiple customer instances with IDR? In the past, the instances had to be owned by the same customer.
-- John VanBruggen
As far as I know, there's no restriction about which instances are involved in the producer/consumer relationship. I haven't tested this yet. You may want to reach out to customer support or your account team to verify. Please let me know what you find.
-- Chuck Tomasi

Is domain separation available for ITAM/SAM in Paris?
-- Rudolf Klein
Check it here: https://docs.servicenow.com/bundle/paris-platform-administration/page/administer/company-and-domain-separation/reference/domain-separated-apps.html
-- Jeremy Duncan

Can you tell us a little about the AI / Machine Learning capabilities in the Paris Chatbot
-- Ed Petti
Unfortunately I don't have that information for this webinar. I recommend taking a look at the release notes on docs.servicenow.com. If you have additional questions, your account team should be able to help.
-- Chuck Tomasi

So we can enable Federated Login in servicenow?
-- Vivek Verma
Can you explain what you mean and how it differs from SSO?
-- Chuck Tomasi

Onthe graphql are there any oob examples for this? I tried to figure it out and nothing comes up.
-- qdmp nxtfjulyndhwxb
https://servicenowthink.wordpress.com/tag/how-to-use-graphql-in-servicenow/ | https://hi.service-now.com/kb_view.do?sysparm_article=KB0714139 | https://www.howtographql.com/graphql-java/0-introduction/
-- Jeremy Duncan

re:graphql those links dont show a working example of the graphql definition of the scripted rest record
-- qdmp nxtfjulyndhwxb
I'm afraid I don't know what links you are referring to. Can you give a time code where you saw this in the comments below?
-- Chuck Tomasi

Script debugger console - is this a true REPL experience?
-- qdmp nxtfjulyndhwxb
I'd term it more "REPL-like". It's not true REPL. It gives you a console window where you can execute commands and evaluate results easily, but the code is not persistent. Once you put the debugging window away, your code is gone. Also, be cautious about using it in production. Any update/deletion operations will execute and are not recoverable (as they are in scripts - background.)
-- Chuck Tomasi

Can you track time worked in Agent Workspace yet?
-- Greta Zuercher
Agents can manually record time spent on a case. This was made available in Orlando. Agents can capture one or multiple 'New Time Worked' records for a case. The use case for multiple - is if agents work on a case spanning multiple days, they can record time spent on that case each day. The ability to auto track time is not yet available OOTB. There are a few dependencies logged to track this ask for different use cases: DEP0013589 - Support for timer field in Agent Workspace DEP0014923 - Timer Component DEP0010985 - Ability to track time spent by fulfilers (agents) on every customer session and application tabs DEP0014126 - Showing Auto-incrementing timer fields in list views on Waiting Chats and other work items
-- Chuck Tomasi

Any update on a scratchpad for flow designer?
-- Ray Roulstone
Not as of Paris. I know our product manager is aware of this ask and working on it. Haven't heard if it's going to make it to Quebec, but you know where you'll find out when we release it! :)
-- Chuck Tomasi

Do you know if they've fixed the issue around authenticating with Azure for eSignature? Was documented as part of Paris.
-- John Feist
Hi John, I haven't heard anything about fixes specifically. If there's an open PRB, you can contact customer support to find out the state of it and fix target. It might make it in a patch or it might be the next major release (or THIS major release.)
-- Chuck Tomasi

Are there any licensing implications of using the run flow as with additional roles? Example: If Abel Tuter is not a licensed user.
-- Brian Beauchamp
No because the role isn't assigned to the user. It's only applied for the duration of that flow to accomplish the necessary task(s)/logic.
-- Chuck Tomasi

with flow designer is there a way to mark a step or an action as inactive?
-- Paul Salamone
As far as I know, no. Marking something inactive could invalidate it's outputs and throw off any future actions/steps. I'd be interested in learning more about the use case where you feel this is necessary.
-- Chuck Tomasi

Is this step reference stable? Will those _5, _6 change if I insert or remve steps from the flow?
-- Yuan Lin
If you use inline script and then move your actions, you will need to update your script manually. If you have inline script and the auto-renumber process runs it will update corresponding numbers accordingly (meaning you don't have to do much until you start moving things around.)
-- Chuck Tomasi

Would the instance data replication feature be used for eBonding, or only for replicating data between a customer's own instances?
-- Ben Blake
It's between any two ServiceNow instance (customer X prod to dev, or customer X prod to customer Y prod.) Thus the beauty of a producer-consumer architecture. :)
-- Chuck Tomasi

is Process Automation Designer paid feature or included?
-- Stephen McDonald
It is a Now Platform feature that is paired with Flow Designer.
-- Jeremy Duncan

Where can I read about enhancement made to ITOM/Discovery in Paris?
-- Travis Simmons
You can find that in the ITOM release notes. https://docs.servicenow.com/bundle/paris-release-notes/page/release-notes/it-operations-management/it-operations-management-rn-landing.html
-- Chuck Tomasi

When can we expect dynamic inputs (particularly date fields) in ATF.
-- Sharath Uppuluri
Great question. I haven't heard. Have you submitted this to the idea portal (or checked if anyone else has) on the community (https://community.servicenow.com)?
-- Chuck Tomasi

what about customers authenticating using SSO (i.e. IDP integration)?
-- Darren Schiffer
I'm afraid I don't have the context of your question. Can you elaborate in the comments below?
-- Chuck Tomasi

Hi Chuck, Is there way to revert to previous version of Flow.
-- Sailesh Lanka
Answered live. Unfortunately, not yet available, but on the roadmap.
-- Jeremy Duncan

FlowDesigner - Update Multiple Table - Lets say I need to update comments on RITM when I update Task Comments. How it works, and how it reacts when I have BR's on these tables
-- Narsing Ve
UpdateMultiple and DeleteMultiple operate on records on a single table. If you want to update records from two different tables you will need two different actions (or steps.) If there are business rules involved that may react to your update, they will be triggered.
-- Chuck Tomasi

How does the new action to make a Service Catalog Request differ from the previously available Flow Designer Service Catalog integratio?
-- Brian Good
I think you may be confusing the trigger (from catalog item) with the new action. One is a cause, the other is an effect.
-- Chuck Tomasi

Hi, I am new to ServiceNow GRC. I heard that to migrate Dashabords/Reports to a different environment is not intuitive and many customers including our company recreate them from scratch in each environment. Do you have any suggestions or enhancements in this topic?
-- Akira Muranaka
Hey Akira, have you tried this method? https://docs.servicenow.com/bundle/paris-performance-analytics-and-reporting/page/use/performance-analytics/task/t_MoveDashboardWithUpdateSet.html https://docs.servicenow.com/bundle/paris-performance-analytics-and-reporting/page/use/dashboards/concept/troubleshooting-dashboard-update-set.html#troubleshooting-dashboard-update-set
-- Jeremy Duncan

Process Automation Designer has some limitation on table selections. Why is this?
-- qdmp nxtfjulyndhwxb
I haven't had a chance to look closely at PAD yet. What tables have you noticed are unavailable?
-- Chuck Tomasi

I thought I had heard that Paris will have been instance bonding / integration between two instances?
-- William Kramer
You may be referring to Instance Data Replication. That's been out since New York. Very easy to configure as opposed to hand-building your own integrations. https://docs.servicenow.com/bundle/paris-servicenow-platform/page/administer/instance-data-replication/concept/instance-data-replication.html
-- Chuck Tomasi

When are we going to get to Paris features?
-- David Ellsworth
October. I do not know the exact date.
-- Kreg Steppe

What resources are available to help us understand and learn how to utilize GraphQL now that we can build out custom APIs?
-- James Freund
Hey James, check out this HI article: https://hi.service-now.com/kb_view.do?sysparm_article=KB0714139
-- Jeremy Duncan

Do I get to heckle Jeremy? Hey Jeremy!
-- Toby Schmeling
Heckle away Toby!
-- Jeremy Duncan

Where can we go to look for database table schema upgrades and some of the "logic" behind the changes., such as there are two fields added to request table -> effective_task_number and universal_request (i think those are the exact names)
-- Alan Levy
While the detailed changes of each field *may* not be there, the related features should be in the release notes on docs.servicenow.com
-- Chuck Tomasi

Can we utilize IDR to migrate old tickets from our old instance to new instance? We did a rework and we are finding solutions for migrating old data
-- Christian Vincent Ramos
I suppose it could, but your use case sounds very "run once" whereas IDR's main purpose is to run continuously to keep things in sync. Sounds like a good topic to discuss with your account team (particularly the solution consultant.)
-- Chuck Tomasi

Templates in Agent Workspace on incidents don't work correct. Like if you create a template and have it set the state to closed complete it sets it to failed. Is this fixed in Paris?
-- Curt Schaefermeyer
I don't have much information on what's fixed in Paris as I was mainly focused on bringing you new information. I recommend checking the release notes. If you don't see it there, then try reaching out to customer support.
-- Chuck Tomasi

Why not just clone instead of backups?
-- Blair Reinhart
Backups implies you can restore something at any given time. A clone is a copy (typically from prod to subprod) in which the cloned copy eventually "drifts" and thus is not a reliable backup because you can't be certain you can restore effectively.
-- Chuck Tomasi

What if instances which are in synch have slightly different data model?
-- Remi Step
Great question. I don't know the exact answer to that. I would think it would copy the information that is common between both and ignore the rest.
-- Chuck Tomasi

Can we version flows?
-- Shane Hogan
Today, flows are versioned in the same way that Workflow does it. When a flow starts, a context is created with that version. If you update a flow, it will not affect any executed flows. All changes are pending (save test) until you activate your changes.
-- Chuck Tomasi

we are in Newyork release and leveraging Integration hub. As part of our Jira integration , we are using Jira spoke for creating jira story. what is the best practice to add custom fields while creating a jira story?
-- martha brhhane
Great question Martha. I don't know IntegrationHub well enough to tell you about best practices of changing the data model (tables and fields) on the remote system. If you like, post a question in the community.
-- Chuck Tomasi

Any plans to provide a feature that allows Agent Workspace technicians to directly emailing KB links to customers?
-- Jacob Seidel
I haven't seen if that's part of the new email client. Sounds more like a Knowledge/ITSM question. Perhaps a post in the community might reveal an answer.
-- Chuck Tomasi

Do all fields on a table need to be identical on both sides on a bidirectional mirror?
-- Andy Kaczmarek
I assume you are talking about Instance Data Replication... the short answer is "no". You can create a map. In our customer support instance (HI) we have problems replicated to the devops site's defect table.
-- Chuck Tomasi

what about a data model navigator, in 3 D like a 3D tree map ?
-- Stephane RD
I'm intrigued. Have you seen this elsewhere? Typically, data models (tables) are represented as an ER diagram.
-- Chuck Tomasi

my client uses gmail and we have sso is this the same?
-- Komal Jain
Gmail uses Google as it's identity provider. If you are referring to using Google's Open ID as your IDP in ServiceNow, then yes, the credentials would be the same.
-- Chuck Tomasi

Am I allowed to write something about this webinar in my personal blog?
-- Felix Großer
Sure thing. Please link back to our TechNow series to help others find the vast knowledge that we've provided over the years: Community link: https://community.servicenow.com/community?id=community_blog&sys_id=4d6eaeaddbd0dbc01dcaf3231f961964 | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkGSnjw5y2U7HkJd7YkVtX93pA5pl8KDM
-- Jeremy Duncan

Thank you! I'll definetly link back to TechNow, I'm imperessed what you are doing, great job! :)
-- Felix Großer
Thanks Felix!
-- Jeremy Duncan

Does Run with Roles in Flow Designer impact licensing? e.g. add ITIL role temporarily to non-ITIL user
-- Byron Payton
Probably not since this is temporary and not specifically having ITIL attached to a user permanently.
-- Kreg Steppe

Streaming API was for real time data?
-- Dhruv Gupta
I'm afraid I don't know the context of this question. Can you elaborate in the comments below?
-- Chuck Tomasi

What will be advice from you shall we upgrade to Paris or Orlando from NewYork Instance.
-- viraj hudlikar
Hey Viraj, I'd encourage you to run a Health Scan to identify things/challenges you might have in an upgrade. Depending on your business needs and strategy, i would align to the best policy of whether to take the latest and greatest or the most vetted version. For instance, Orlando has been out and has several updates, but Paris is new. While i'm confident in our automated testing, sometimes it's best to wait for the first patch. Check out the Customer Success Center playbook for more details: https://www.servicenow.com/success/playbook/upgrade-fast.html
-- Jeremy Duncan

Does IDR support integration between 2 different customers yer?
-- John VanBruggen
-- Chuck Tomasi

So we’re going back to workflow which was way better
-- Billy Matthews
Why is that? After dealing with Workflow for 12 years, I can definitely recommend going forward with Flow Designer. The legacy workflow will not be receiving any further enhancements/updates (save critical issues.)
-- Chuck Tomasi

is there any guideline how to utilize early availibility. for eg: a checklist where to check what in the instance
-- Shusovit Dutta
Early access is made available to eligible customers and personal developer instances (PDIs). If you would like to discuss becoming an early access candidate, start that dialog with your account team.
-- Chuck Tomasi

How do you request a health scan?
-- Brian Lacaster
Check with your account team, they will get it kicked off for you!
-- Jeremy Duncan

Chuck said with ATF versioning that it's like FLows and Workflows versioning. Are Flows versioned now?
-- qdmp nxtfjulyndhwxb
Today, flows are versioned in the same way that Workflow does it. When a flow starts, a context is created with that version. If you update a flow, it will not affect any executed flows. All changes are pending (save test) until you activate your changes.
-- Chuck Tomasi

service portal => scoped widget. How can a scoped widget access the global server variables and communicate with back end?
-- Kristoffer Roen-Lie
Widgets act no different than any other script in a scoped app. The cross-scope application access needs to permit the interaction between the two apps (e.g. a table or API is available to all scopes).
-- Chuck Tomasi

best practices for upgrading to Paris
-- Shusovit Dutta
I would encourage you to check out our Customer Success Center and focus on the Playbook. Lots of great content here to help you: https://www.servicenow.com/success/playbook/upgrade-fast.html
-- Jeremy Duncan

Please could the video be upload on YouTube ?
-- Moshood Aminu
TechNow episodes can be found on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkGSnjw5y2U7HkJd7YkVtX93pA5pl8KDM
-- Jeremy Duncan

what is the instance backup best practice in case we need to rollback to previous family.
-- Shusovit Dutta
Answered live. Thank you for your question!
-- Jeremy Duncan

Can we put time worked on task forms in workspace in Paris?
-- Bryan Guffey
Agents can manually record time spent on a case. This was made available in Orlando. Agents can capture one or multiple 'New Time Worked' records for a case. The use case for multiple - is if agents work on a case spanning multiple days, they can record time spent on that case each day. The ability to auto track time is not yet available OOTB. There are a few dependencies logged to track this ask for different use cases: DEP0013589 - Support for timer field in Agent Workspace DEP0014923 - Timer Component DEP0010985 - Ability to track time spent by fulfilers (agents) on every customer session and application tabs DEP0014126 - Showing Auto-incrementing timer fields in list views on Waiting Chats and other work items
-- Chuck Tomasi

HI, any news on Agent based Discovery? :)
-- Jens Dienst
I've heard of a new feature called Agent Client Collector and Agent Client Monitor. The Paris Plugins page (https://docs.servicenow.com/bundle/paris-platform-administration/page/administer/plugins/reference/list-of-plugins.html) suggests it's available in the store, but as of this moment, I don't see it. If you're interested, talk to your account team for more information.
-- Chuck Tomasi

Always so cheery and informative. Thank you!
-- Marissa Pamatigan
You are welcome. Thank you for attending.
-- Chuck Tomasi

Will Scoped Data Admin require much remedial work for ISVs to leverage this new feature?
-- Mark Hambelton
It shouldn't if you've already got scoped app admin implemented.
-- Chuck Tomasi

I only saw the duplicate option for flow actions, when we be able to copy/move them to another area in the flow?
-- Natascia Heil
You can do that today. Just use the "hash" on the far left of any action and drop it in the flow/branch where you want. That's been there for a while.
-- Chuck Tomasi

what is Archiving ?
-- AMIT KUMAR
Archiving allows you to take older data "offline", but still accessible on demand to help with performance. You can find out more information here: https://docs.servicenow.com/bundle/paris-platform-administration/page/administer/database-rotation/concept/c_ArchiveData.html
-- Chuck Tomasi

Explicit roles require HI to enable. Can Admins enable the Mutual exclusive roles?
-- qdmp nxtfjulyndhwxb
Mutual exclusion isn't so much a role, as it is logic to prevent snc_internal and snc_external from being applied at the same time.
-- Chuck Tomasi

best practice for performing hypercare after paris upgrade
-- Shusovit Dutta
I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "hybercare". Are you looking for best practices to make your upgrades easier/quicker? Please respond in the comments below with any additional context or reach out to your account team for additional information. Thank you
-- Chuck Tomasi

Upgrade Center vs Jump Start... same thing? different?
-- David Neustadt
Upgrade Center is meant to be used before/during/after each upgrade. Jump start is typically associated with setting something up for the first time (like ATF.)
-- Chuck Tomasi

Are the questions going to be shared?
-- qdmp nxtfjulyndhwxb
Answered by Kregg. Check the community after we post this webinar.
-- Jeremy Duncan

We went live with ServiceNow earlier this month with New York and will need to upgrade to Paris. Any recommendations or advice for a new customer on their first upgrade? Thank you!
-- Kate Zajc
Answered on air. This is probably a good time since you are a n ew customer.
-- Kreg Steppe

Agent Workspace => action assignment => client action. Will we be able to create our own action definition payloads?
-- Kristoffer Roen-Lie
Is this the ability to configure the UI Actions on the record page? UI Actions can be configured in Lists and Forms.
-- Chuck Tomasi

any recomendations for customers with high customizations?
-- Shusovit Dutta
Might be a good idea to consider a Health Scan (reach out to your account team to get that kicked off). You will be provided a detailed report about concerns before upgrading. This will give you the opportunity to identify your technical debt before upgrading and go back to document things you haven't yet done before you move to a new version.
-- Jeremy Duncan

Is it possible to define multiple parents nodes or mutilple child nodes
-- Aashish Atrey
I'm not sure what this question has to do with the Paris upgrade. It sounds like a better question for the community. I recommend creating a new question in the developer community section of https://community.servicenow.com
-- Chuck Tomasi

are the inbound/outbound email filters overwritten by clones? are they a property or a table?
-- Paul Salamone
They are records in a table. like any other table, you can choose to clone the data (typically from prod to subprod) or exclude it so it's not cloned.
-- Chuck Tomasi

Is there any way to merge multiple branches in source control? Is that in the works?
-- Shane Hogan
I haven't heard of that one yet. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist, only that I haven't heard of it. I recommend checking the idea portal on the community. If nobody has suggested it, go ahead and post it.
-- Chuck Tomasi

Flow Designer scratchpad?
-- Ryan Duce
Not as of Paris. I know our product manager is aware of this ask and working on it. Haven't heard if it's going to make it to Quebec, but you know where you'll find out when we release it! :)
-- Chuck Tomasi

Has a fix been issued for the Edge Encryption Servers that are supposed to upgrade the proxy automatically?
-- Brady Holliday
I haven't heard. You may want to check with customer support on this one.
-- Chuck Tomasi

20 Comments