Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jim Coyne
Kilo Patron
Part of the Developer Toolbox Series.  Available as a separate Update Set on Share.

UI Macros to allow users to easily assign a record to themselves. There are 2:

• one macro shows icon to assign the record to the current User provided they belong to the current Assignment group. Normally added to the "Task.Assigned to" field.
  • other macro always shows the icon. Typically used in forms that do NOT include the "Assignment group" field

To use, add one of the following to the Attributes field of the "Assigned to" field's Dictionary Entry or a Dictionary Override entry:

• to include "Assignment group" dependency
    ref_contributions=u_fpc_assign_to_me_group

• to ignore "Assignment group"
    ref_contributions=u_fpc_assign_to_me

The Update Set will add some Modules to the "Developer Toolbox" Application Menu:

find_real_file.png

The "System Properties" Module displays the one property that is currently used, which allows you to disable the functionality on particular tables.  If you add the attribute to the "Task.Assigned to" field, all Task-derived tables would use it.  If you have a table that you do not want to use the functionality, add the table name to the property, separating each one with a comma.  This saves you creating multiple Dictionary Overrides.

The Business Rule adds a boolean variable to the g_scratchpad object if the UI Macro is to be ignored on the current table based on the value in the System Property. Used by the "FPC - Make "Assigned to" read-only when "Assignment group" is empty" UI Policy as well as the "FPC - Display Assign to me icon" Client Script.

The Client Script hides/displays the "Assign to me" icon based on whether the current User is a member of the selected Assignment group.

When the Assignment group field is empty, the Assigned to field is cleared and read-only:

find_real_file.png

Once the group is selected, the Assigned to field is editable and the icon appears if the current user is a member of that Group:

find_real_file.png

If not a member of the selected Group, the field is editable, but the icon is NOT visible:

find_real_file.png

The "u_fpc_assign_to_me" UI Macro is for use on tables where the "Assignment group" field is NOT used and anyone can assign the Task to themselves.  That would typically be added to a Dictionary Override to replace the "u_fpc_assign_to_me_group" macro.

find_real_file.png

The Update Set is available here on the Share site.

2 Comments