Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jim Coyne
Kilo Patron

It's always a good idea to setup your different instances with unique color schemes so you can quickly identify which one you are in.   Very useful, obviously, for developers and admins who are jumping around between the different instances all the time.

However, sometimes your training or documentation teams need to take screenshots of a sub-production instance in order to document some new feature before release and they want to use the same colors as production because, well, that's the one your users will be using.

Instead of having to bug your admins to temporarily change the colors in the sub-prod instance and confuse everyone, just create a Theme record with the same colors as production.   All that is needed in the CSS field is the particular variables/properties that you've changed in production from the standard OOB values.   Here's an example Theme I setup for a client where we simply changed the strip of color just under the banner to match their corporate colors:

/* Theme to simulate production colors for documentation purposes */

/* Remember the Clone Data Preserver if you change the name of the Theme */

$navpage-header-divider-color:   #00467f

I created the Theme record as well as a Clone Data Preserver to preserve the sub-production versions of the record because I then set the record to inactive in production so it does not appear in the list of themes to choose from (would be a little weird).

Now your training and documentation teams can switch at will without affecting everyone else.

find_real_file.png