Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jim Coyne
Kilo Patron
Included in the Developer Toolbox Update Set available on Share (link to Share in the post).

A Global Form and List context menu UI Action to open a new tab/window displaying the record in a Portal.  Allows the user to select one of the following Portal Pages to render the record:

• form
  • standard_ticket
  • ticket

The UI Action is limited to users with the "admin" Role.

It can be useful when you need to test out changes you are making to the SP view of a form.

find_real_file.png       

find_real_file.png

JimCoyne_0-1691303755620.png

Once you select a Portal Page, you see the list of available Portals, with the last used one, if any, listed first.  Click on one of the links and a new tab/window will open showing that record in the Portal/Page combination you selected.

find_real_file.png

Attached are XML files for the UI Action, UI Page and UI Message records so you can just import them into your instance.  As usual, test it out in your dev instance, or better yet, your personal dev instance first.

I've standardized on using UI Messages now for any message visible to users to make it easier to localize the tools.  Requires the "sys_ui_message shared.xml" file attached below to be imported as well.  It contains a number of UI Message records shared by a number of the Developer Tools.  You may have already imported it from another post and may not need to import it again.

NOTE: I believe "form", "standard_ticket" and "ticket" are the only Portal pages that can basically render any record.  Please let me know if there are others and I'll update the UI Page to support them.  Thanks.

Updated August 6, 2023:  I've added support for the "standard_ticket" Portal Page as well as saving the last used Page and Portal as User Preference records.  This is done when a page is selected and then when a Portal is clicked.  The last used page will be automatically selected the next time you use the tool.