The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dawn Jurek
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Calling all agents!

Now you can get work done on the go with the ServiceNow Agent mobile app! Starting with the Madrid release, you can manage incidents, respond to approval requests or manage field service tasks right out-of-the-box in our new fully native mobile app.

In this installment of our NOWSupport best practices series, we answer your questions about the new mobile app, and provide links to video demos to see it in action.

In our overview video below, we show demos of three different employees using the app:

How do I get the ServiceNow Agent mobile app?

You download and install the app from the Apple App Store for iOS devices, or Google Play store for Android devices.

find_real_file.png

What can I do in the ServiceNow Agent mobile app?

In the Madrid release, the ServiceNow Agent mobile app provides three different functional apps:

• Incidents
  • My Approvals
  • Field Service (requires paid subscription to Field Service Management)

Check out our videos below to see these apps in action:

find_real_file.png
find_real_file.png
find_real_file.png

The applications available to you appear in the applications list when you login to your instance within the mobile app. In our example below, we're logged in as a field service technician, and our access is limited to the Field Service app.

find_real_file.png

How is the ServiceNow Agent mobile app different from the ServiceNow Classic mobile app?

ServiceNow Agent mobile app is a native app, and ServiceNow Classic is a hybrid app, which includes both native and web components. Native apps are faster and can leverage the functionality of mobile devices, including:

• Sending push notifications and emails
  • Making phone calls
  • Pulling up locations on a map
  • Navigating directly to a URL
  • Working offline

Can I work on the mobile app without internet connectivity?

Yes you can! By planning ahead, you can use offline mode to work offline, then upload your changes when you can connect again. To see how this works, check out our video below:

What if I need different mobile capabilities? 

Users with the admin role can build new mobile applications that you can access from the ServiceNow Agent mobile app. See our post Learn how to build your own apps for the ServiceNow Agent mobile app to get started.

For more information

Getting Started with Mobile (video playlist)

Getting started with the mobile app (product documentation)

--

Behind the scenes here at ServiceNow, the Knowledge Management and Multimedia teams work closely with subject matter experts to disseminate critical information to our customers. We've found that certain topics come up frequently, in the form of best practices that can help you keep your ServiceNow instances running smoothly. This series targets those topics so that you and your organization can benefit from our collective expertise. If you have a best practices topic you'd like us to cover in this series, please let us know in the comments below.

To access all of the blog posts in this series, see our NOWSupport best practices series list.