The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
CSDM
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activity in CSDM

CSDM 4.0: (any) Status attribute vs. Life cycle

The new CSDM 4.0 comes with several changes, and one of them is introduction of a new Lifecycle attributes. The following video by Scott Lemm and Mark Bodman provides nice insight into this topic and future product strategy. What I would like to shar...

find_real_file.png
  • Article
  • Rome

Delete entry points from a calculated application service

Hello. I converted a mapped application service to a calculated application service. After the conversion, some new entry points were added to the map. I need to delete them, but ServiceNow does not allow it. Is this the expected behavior? Is there s...

• Question

Interactive filter on sys_user_group_type table

I need to create a filter like, based on Assignment group type and Assignment group value selection, the filter will apply on all reports on dashboard. Currently i am trying to create a filter on 'sys_user_group_type' table with 'Reference' type.but ...

• Question

Resolved! Business Service Offerings - Relationships to other CI

Hi, when I look at the CSDM 4 whitepaper it explains that Business Service Offerings should depend on Application Services. That makes sense, however, when I look at the online documentation about creating a Business Service Offering using Service Bu...

• Question

Ability to nest Application Services

I am a little confused  It is my understanding that you do not nest Application Services within themselves (i.e. Application Service - Parent with Application Service - Child). From an Application Service Group perspective, we can easily nest them fo...

spietrofeso_0-1712844316743.png spietrofeso_1-1712844723994.png
  • Question

How to Import OST files into Your Computer/PC

Hiii, You'd like to import OST files. Users have two options for importing OST files into their computers. First, I mentioned the manual method for importing OST files onto your PC. Following the procedures of manually importing OST files: - Open Mic...

• Question
  • San Diego

Resolved! Business Service criticality framework

Hi Everyone, We are in the process of implementing our Business Services/Service Offerings across our organization. Initially we allowed Service Owners to self-assess their Business Criticality based on some basic criteria. This didn't go so well as ...

• Question

Application Services: How to use them?

Application Services are essential part of the Common Service Data Model (CSDM). This article focuses on how to use Application Services for manually maintained Service Maps in the situation when Service Mapping is not deployed. Proper usage of Appli...

find_real_file.png find_real_file.png find_real_file.png find_real_file.png
  • Article
  • Quebec

Resolved! CSDM and Model ID

I wasn't sure if this is a CSDM or a SAM question.. Please let me know if I need to repost..I would like to track my SaaS applications lifecycle and I am assuming that would require creating a Service Model record for each SaaS application and associ...

• Question
  • Tokyo

Resolved! Protection of sensitive data

Hello everyone !I have several products on my servicenow platform (ITSM, SPM, etc...).To secure the company's sensitive data, I would like to know if the different products are compartmentalized and separated. For example, ITSM users with ITSM roles ...

• Question