The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Knowledge Managers

Group Activity

More

Tabs and Accordions in Knowledge Article

Hi Everyone, I am curious to see if anyone has tried to successfully have tabs and accordions in a knowledge article which is easy to maintain by authors that are not HTML experts.  

• Question
  • amaze
  • knowledge article

Export or Link A Knowledge Base with SharePoint

I am trying to have ServiceNow do automated (possibly daily) exports or show a Knowledge base with categories (with links). My vision is to have Knowledge available in ServiceNow but can be accessed via SharePoint. I believe my team already has a way...

• Question
  • Knowledge Management
  • SharePoint

Assignment groups vs. ownership groups

We are currently using ownership groups to manage creation, etc., of knowledge articles, but my devs want to transfer this functionality back to the standard assignment groups. I can see the pros in terms of minimizing the number of total groups to m...

• Question

Do we need a separate Known Error knowledge base?

Hi, Known Error means several things in our environment: We have a Known Error Knowledge Base – the repository where the article is stored, articles in a particular Knowledge Base follow the workflow and visibility/access settings for that Knowledge ...

• Question
  • Knowledge Management
  • San Diego

Is it possible to report on who has retired a KB article?

Good morning, all, We do not have a retirement workflow and allow our knowledge publishers to retire articles using their discretion. However, there are times when we wish to know who retired an article. Is this possible OOTB without creating a custo...

• Question
  • audit
  • KB article
  • retire

KBA standardization

Hi,We are currently updating our knowledge base and defining standard practices for KBA creation- Readable font with standard size, neutral color scheme for text and background. Would like to know some insights on these practices for KBAs. Thanks in ...

• Question

Resolved! Approval Notification

Probably a very low level question, but when you change who receives KB approval notifications, is that a customization or a configuration?  Same question for what is in the actual email. I want to change those few things but have to tote the line fo...

• Question

ServiceNow Knowledge Article Appears Different on End User Side

Hi. First post, so please bear with me. I have been tasked with creating knowledge articles and so far, it's been great. The issue I'm running into is my article, upon creation, looks much different than what the end users see in the ServiceNow Porta...

pclark1845_1-1713104928363.png pclark1845_0-1713104895849.png pclark1845_2-1713105185096.png pclark1845_3-1713105276678.png
  • Question

Links color doesn't match the fron end

Good Morning,  I'm trying to figure out why the color of links set up in the back end, change when the article is published.I want to have links in a different color than the normal text, but even if I choose a specific color in the back-end, once th...

• Question

Font of the table of content change in the front-end

Hi All,  I changed the font of the table of content from Verdana to Arial.I published the article in the front-end and the font of the table of content showed up as Verdana. Can you help me figure out why this happens?

• Question

Attachments in Knowledge Articles

hi there, I'm looking to attach documents to published knowledge articles. They are various types. Is there a way they can be either added to a searchable library or made searchable themselves as part of the knowledge base I uploaded them to? (I mana...

• Question
  • attachments
  • knowledge base

Identifying Content Changes

Hello, all! I am working on providing some ideas for our knowledge article owners around how to make changes to article content easier to identify - i.e., a step in a process was changed on an existing article. In the past, using other knowledge plat...

• Question

Knowledge Article template not applying?

Hi All! I have made changes to an existing knowledge article template field (the change is to the table properties, colour etc.) - I go to create a new knowledge article using the template, the sample text shows the changes -  However, when I select ...

image.png image (1).png image (2).png
  • Question

Replacing ITGlue flexible assets

As an MSP, our operations teams use ITGlue today, to document our customers' IT infrastructure (among other things). We have a set of "flexible assets", which represent a templatized list of fields representing related objects. We define the fields r...

• Question
Group Information
Knowledge Managers

Knowledge Managers

Knowledge managers make sure that the team or project that they are working with, are doing the knowledge management that they are supposed to do. Join this group to learn how Knowledge Managers use the ServiceNow platform to achieve the functions/goals to lead governance and be a champion for adoption. For more information on Knowledge-Centered Service and the Consortium for Service Innovation see their site and YouTube playlist. https://www.serviceinnovation.org/kcs/ https://www.youtube.com/@CSInnovation
621 members
Open group
Created 09-02-2022
Members (621)