The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically Login With a User Account to Fill Out Form

aryanos1
Tera Contributor

I created a new application that allows Vendors to self-register and want to put that link on our login page. However, I want anyone that clicks on this link to automatically sign in using a local SN account (vendor_registration) and go straight to the form. Does anyone know how to do this? I'm new in ServiceNow and not sure what to do. I thought that I could pass the username and password in the URL parameters but I couldn't get that work either.

Thanks,

Arya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Aryanos, I've outlined my suggestion as such:

• Create a Record Producer, and set it to the User (sys_user) table. You can add the questions on to this page that the user would be expected to fill in to register. Use the script variable to map the user record fields from the users response. Ensure to set the roles field to public, so that users can access it without being logged in.
  • Set up a new CMS site. As long as no Login page has been specified on the Site page, the CMS site should be available to users without logging in.
  • Create a new page to add to your site. On the page, add a new iFrame content block, then set the link to "com.glideapp.servicecatalog_cat_item_view.do?sysparm_id=*SYS_ID_OF_RECORD_PRODUCER*".
  • Ensure that on the Home page field of the CMS Site record, the page setup in the previous step is entered.
  • Test the page by logging out and navigating to *instancename*.service-now.com/*site_url_suffix*.

If necessary, I can set up a rough and ready update set that might prove my suggestion little more clearly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

rob_pastore
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

How are you currently doing security?   Are you using SSO for internal users?

Yes, we're doing SSO for our AD users.

rob_pastore
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

There is a way to bypass the SSO using side_door.do, but this was really designed for admins.   In case SSO is down or to use a local admin account:

External Authentication (Single Sign-On - SSO) - ServiceNow Wiki

I don't think it was designed to do what you are talking about, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't work.

Hi Robert,

I don't think that would work as soon as the account signs into the system then the side_door_do is unavailable unless they log off but thanks for the suggestion.