The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function getSysTimeZone is not allowed in scope

Niels Aksel
Mega Guru

Need some help here,

For reporting purposes, we have created a database view in the sn_hr_core scope to join the tables task_sla and hr_core_case_workforce_admin.

Here is a screenshot of the database view:

find_real_file.png

The database view is working fine but when we try to build a report, we get the following error:

Function getSysTimeZone is not allowed in scope sn_hr_core

find_real_file.png

How do I fix this?

This is not only the case for the HR scope, but for all scoped applications with a database view using task_sla

(I have tested this on my developer instance)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Chuck Tomasi
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

I don't think you can fix this directly. It's built in to 4 script includes and 3 business rules that call gs.getSysTimeZone(). The development team either needs to make that function available to scoped apps or create a scoped equiv. and update those 7 files.

I invite you to open an enhancement request! Our product managers DO listen.

Enhancement requests: Tell us how you would improve the ServiceNow product 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Chuck Tomasi
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

I don't think you can fix this directly. It's built in to 4 script includes and 3 business rules that call gs.getSysTimeZone(). The development team either needs to make that function available to scoped apps or create a scoped equiv. and update those 7 files.

I invite you to open an enhancement request! Our product managers DO listen.

Enhancement requests: Tell us how you would improve the ServiceNow product 

Thank you Chuck,

I have submitted an enhancement request for this issue. Until the issue has been fixed (hopefully), I will report directly on task_sla table

Hi Chuck, is the function still restricted to Global applications (not available to scoped apps) and/or has there been any changes on the gs.getSysTimeZone()?

Hi Chuck, is the function still restricted to Global applications (not available to scoped apps) and/or has there been any changes on the gs.getSysTimeZone()?