Announcing the Global SNUG Board of Directors. Learn more here

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud Management - Import tags from AWS/Azure?

Caren
Tera Expert

Hello,

I'd appreciate if someone could answer my below questions on importing of tags using cloud management plugin. 

1) Are tags discovered as part of discovery process? Also, will the tags get updated using cloud alerts(AWS/Azure alerts) i.e when the tag is updated at AWZ/Azure will it flow through via alerts or will it wait for discovery to run and then update.

2) Please confirm if all tag values are imported and populated in Key Values (cmdb_key_value) table?

Cheers,

Caren

12 REPLIES 12

tompowe
Tera Expert

I'd like to know this too.  The only information I have found is that Tags can be generated for Cloud Management, but I couldn't find any documentation on whether ServiceNow can discover Tags.  I'm afraid the answer is No, out of the box.

@tompowe - Hi, using Cloud management plugin the tags are auto-discovered and populated in 'cmdb_key_value' table.

Thanks!!

vNickNOW
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Unfortunately, the behavior is different based where cloud resource discovery is defined.  In the New York release this is supposed to be brought into a single product / process, but until then, discovering cloud resources through the discovery product alone does not capture tags but discovering cloud resources through the cloud management product does.

Not an ideal answer, but that is the current situation.