Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making Knowledge public in V3

Karen Warren
Tera Contributor

I had an open incident with Service Now but wondered if any folks might have gone through the same thing.   We upgraded to Knowledge v3.   I have some KNowledgebases that I want to make available to the public (unauthenticated).   I believe I have made the Knowledgebase publicly readable.   As near as I can tell, there is now way to make the Knowledge Launcher page public.   I tried adding a system definition for public pages for the knowledge_home_launcher and that did not seem to work.   This was definitely do-able in the legacy version of knowledge.  

The suggestion from the Service Now tech was to make a new content page.   I am open to that, but don't know how to make the Knowledgebase content available on the new page.   And.. the goal was to have some knowledge searchable unauthenticated.   However, if you are logged in, there would be other knowledge that you would see based on that. I do not want to have to send a user to two locations to search.   I want a single page to search knowledge if possible.  

Even better would be to be able to allow our users to include knowledge articles in their Google search from our website that is not part of the SN CMS. That would also solve the issue.   If they can search and any articles in publicly available knowledgebases would be in the results, that would be great.

We are on Fuji and use SSO.  

41 REPLIES 41

Matt Saxton - G
Kilo Guru

Karen,

Check out table saw

https://share.servicenow.com/app.do#/detailV2/a9801b541376820057ce58222244b088/overview

His example he shows knowledge and you can deff make this page public.

Thanks for sending this my way.   I need some time to dig in, but am hoping this will help us.   Appreciate it.  

shuynh
Giga Expert

PRB633975 is an open enhancement, requesting a method to make Knowledge v3 home pages ($knowledge.do) public.

Honestly, this is exactly what I am looking for. It could save me a lot of time and energy.   Where do you see this?