The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proper steps for Taxii profile setup

kmlutz4sn
Kilo Expert

Hello All,

I was looking to test the setup of a taxii profile in my developer instance. I followed the documentation on the SN website and what I found on the related website but I receive a 406 error when trying to connect. I checked with someone who was listed as a knowledge maintainer on the site and they thought I may not be using the right library...but could not say for sure as they did not have knowledge of SN.

Since this is new to me and I don't really see information related to that on the SN website...was hoping someone might be able to provide at least the high-level pieces I need to make sure exist so I can connect. I like figuring out the details but feel I might be missing pieces that aren't really documented and making it harder than it needs to be.

The website had this information:

https://medium.com/mitre-attack/att-ck-content-available-in-stix-2-0-via-public-taxii-2-0-server-317e5c41e214?

The URL I believe that should be used is:

https://cti-taxii.mitre.org/taxii/

The 406 error relates to "accept headers."

So is there a library I need to reference in SN?

Is there a library I need to setup in SN?

Again, any suggestions or steps would be appreciated.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks Chris.

I will look to setup the headers and see if that gets me pass the 406 error. I will also look into the 1.1 vs 2.x.

Thanks for taking the time and helping me out!

I will update the post when I get to a more successful outcome.

🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Chris McDevitt
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Hi,

Full disclosure.... I do not have time to fully build this out, but I did mock it up in Postman. Here is what you most likely need to do:  Add the Headers (seen below) in a REST message (Done while configuring TAXII) from this image. The highlighted Header is the Key one to clear the 406 message. Also, I think that they might have moved on to version 2.x of the protocol so the xml:1.1 should be updated.

find_real_file.png

Go ahead and smash that Helpful or Correct button!

Thanks Chris.

I will look to setup the headers and see if that gets me pass the 406 error. I will also look into the 1.1 vs 2.x.

Thanks for taking the time and helping me out!

I will update the post when I get to a more successful outcome.

🙂

Chris,

This did get me pass the 406 error but I have posted a new question as I am now receiving an error related to the setMethod in RestMessagev2. The odd thing is that I thought it would relate to scope and another user suggested the same thing...the problem is that I see this related to RestMessageV2....it shows sn_ws.RestMessageV2. I cannot find what scope sn_ws relates to in the system. 

Any thoughts?