Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain Separation for business rules

cipla
Giga Contributor

Domain separation is working unusually with Business rules. I am adding sys_domain fields to business rules and assigning domains. But here the error is even an user of global domain is not able to see business rules made in other domain but as per the functionality global domain is able to see all domain records. How can I resolve this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cipla
Giga Contributor

Hello Jamie,

There is a partial solution to this. Delegated administration as a part of Domain separation allows you to create domain specific policies and override global policies from other domains, but you can view all records from global domain if you have admin role. There is related Link named as Expand Scope that allows global domain to access policies (example; Business rules, client scripts, etc) of other domains.

find_real_file.png

after Expanding domain scope;

find_real_file.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Michael Fry1
Tera Sage

You also need to add Override field to your Business Rule form and other forms where it exists. If the business rules are different in child domains, from global you can see all the business rules but if one child domain has an override of a global BR, you won't see that from global. Only from the child domain will you see the override BR and the Override field will be populated with the BR it's overriding. Check here for information on Override: http://wiki.servicenow.com/index.php?title=Domain_Separation#gsc.tab=0

The property glide.domain.strict_override is available to force the system to show overridden records. When this property is set to true, records in the parent domain do not appear when an overridden copy of the records exist.

thanks for the help Micheal.

But my actual requirement is that Global domain user (system administrator) must be able to access all business rules.

find_real_file.png

In the above screenshot, usa user is part of USA domain so he is able to see business rules of USA domain as well as global ones.

but as you can see in below screenshot system administrator who belongs to global domain is only able to see global domain rules and not the USA domains.

find_real_file.png

I want to resolve this and make all rules be it from USA domain or any other , all must be visible to global domain users.

Not sure you can from global. What happens if you look from TOP?

It is still the same TOP domain user when creates any business rule or even scripts, he is able to see TOP domain as well as global domain rules

find_real_file.png

But gobal domain user system admin is not able to see top br which is TOP domain. he can just see global ones.

find_real_file.png