The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Translate the menu items in Service Portal Header

christophes_
Tera Guru

Hi community,

currently, we develop a customer portal with service portal. Our users speak French or English so we want to translate all the labels.

We use the ${word} syntax to translate the static text in wdigets and it works fine.

Now, I'm looking for the solution to translate the menu items in the header.

Here is my analysis :

• This is set in the "Header Menu" widget.
  • The menu settings are related to my theme "sp_rectangle_menu_item" (stored in the "" table) => See the attachment.
  • The template used on my theme is an angular ng-template "menuTemplate" (stored in the "sp_ng_template" table) :

<a ng-if="item.items.length == 0 && !item.scriptedItems" ng-href="{{item.href}}">{{item.labe}}</a>

<a ng-if="item.items.length > 0" href="javascript:void(0)" class="dropdown-toggle" data-toggle="dropdown" role="button" aria-expanded="false">{{ item.label }} <span class="caret"></span></a>

I have tried that ${{{item.label}}} but doesn't work !

Do you know how I can translate the {{item.label}} value ?

3 REPLIES 3

christophes_
Tera Guru

Hi everyone,

Finally, I have found the solution to translate the menu items in Service Portal :

Menu Item labels are stored in a field with a translated_text field type. This means in order for it to be translated, a translation record must exist on the Translated Text [sys_translated_text] table.

1. Select System Localization > Translated Text on the Application Navigator

2. Select New.

3. Configure the record in this order.

• Table Name : Menu Item [sp_rectangle_menu_item]
  • Language : French
  • Field Name : Label
  • Value : Liste des incidents (translation)

Regards

Christophe

If I would translate the subcategories of header menu item?

Hi Gaetano,

I don't use subcategories for the moment so I can't try it. I think you can use the same method.

Regards