The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scoped applications and missing api's

Jacob_Andersen
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Many thanks to those who found the replacement for XMLDocument and GlideXMLDocument in Fuji for scoped apps (XMLDocument2).   Does anyone know if there are replacements for the following?

new GlideHTTPRequest()

new GlideEncrypter()

gs.setProperty()

When you have a scoped application, your scripts are prohibited from making certain calls to the application.   While I see the benefit to that idea, it seems like some very important api's may have been left out.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

saurabh_khetan
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Hi Matt,

From Fuji Patch2 and above platform is supporting decrypting value within scoped application. Please use the below to get your password field decrypted value. Please remember that this is allowed only when the record is within the scope of your application

gr.<element>.getDecryptedValue()

Saurabh

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

pavan_poul
Kilo Expert

Hi Jacob,

GlideEncrypter -not supported in scope

GlideHTTPRequest   - not supported in scope

gs.setProperty() - not supported in scope

for gs.setProperty you can query on table "sys_properties" to read the property.

but for write we need to allow access at this table level .

Will check for these unsupported API and will come back to you.

For Scoped System API reference http://wiki.servicenow.com/index.php?title=Scoped_System_API

and for Scoped Glide Record API.Scoped GlideRecord API Reference - ServiceNow Wiki

Thanks,

Pavan

Hi Jacob,

Just for your reference "PRB625405" raised in Hi for the same.

Thanks,

Pavan

Pavan,

How can i view the issue PRB625405 you refereed to? I have an access to Hi, but i can see only tickets within my company's account.

pavan_poul
Kilo Expert

Hi Jacob,

gs.setProperty(): not allowed; admin must configure properties. Use another table to read/write a custom app's properties

new GlideHTTPRequest(): use RestMessageV2/SOAPMessageV2

new GlideEncrypter(): Is there is any specific use case for this?

Thanks,

Pavan