The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major Incident Management :Email client templates Customization

Hari_Rao
Tera Contributor

Major Incident Management 

As an requirement i wanted to modify the client email templates for major incident management communications

> Tech-initial and resolution communication and as well for business initial/update/resolution communications.  

To : custom one xxx@mail.com

subject: custom one 

Body :

inserting the image as on top with message in it

below calling the required fields and some custom messages.

all on the Incident_Alert_Task  table as  i tried creating an new one it worked for the first one but when i created a second one still it was pointing to first one probably it is pointing to only one custom email template or sys_id something.

Is there a way as i am trying at Quick messages but could get any lead well if you can  put some light if i am missing way or any other way to do this 

Thanks 

Hari Rao

3 REPLIES 3

soumyamitra
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

You can attach different email templates to different 'Incident Communication Tasks'.

Please have a look at https://docs.servicenow.com/bundle/london-servicenow-platform/page/administer/task-communication-management/task/create-comm-channel-definition.html .

Feddy
Giga Guru

for each template please try to add condition such as incident alert type as technical or business and type as update/initial/resolution.

soumyamitra
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

This won't be required if the template is attached to the e-mail channel.