The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change default width of all the Fields on a form

conmic
Mega Guru

Hello dear SN Community,

I have a little trouble to find and change a default of the system, to the description of it:

Most of our users have a wide-screen and we think that the default system value of 160 for the field width on a form is too small. Additionally we want to have a proper aligned view of all the fields on our forms (width:55%; min-width:240).

I found that I can add this as an entry for each field into the 'Field Styles' or 'Referenced Field Styles'. But as said... We have to add a new field style for each and every field. AND most of all... it will ruin the list view of the table!

Is there a possibility to change the default field width of the system from 160 to the value given above? Or at least to just apply the field width change on the form view and not on the list view?

Thank you for your help
Kind Regards
Mich

5 REPLIES 5

Kostya
Mega Guru

Hello,

you can try it with CSS loaded globally. You can ann the style sheet for all input, select etc. fields below class .section_header_content_no_scroll. It is a DIV where the where the form is placed.

You can use firebug to find the best solution for that.

Kind regards

Hit the Thumb Icon and/or mark as Correct, if my answer was correct. So you help others to see correct responses and I get fame 🙂

Cheers,
Kostya

sorry, but I don't get what you're saying.

Sorry)) To change the width of all input fields on a form, you can modify the CSS. F.e. by adding style sheets by a JavaScript (with jQuery) or by editing the Theme, described here: http://wiki.servicenow.com/index.php?title=CSS_Theme_Support + http://wiki.servicenow.com/index.php?title=Theming_an_Instance

Hit the Thumb Icon and/or mark as Correct, if my answer was correct. So you help others to see correct responses and I get fame 🙂

Cheers,
Kostya

Thanks, but the Themes don't do the trick and I think forcing a new CSS through a script is too high for my current experience.

I also noticed that read-only fields obey other laws... well I stick to the field-styles with a fix size for each and every field.