Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS vs Service Management Portal

varunp
Mega Guru

May be this is the basic question. but i dont know the difference between self servie portal and service management portal.

They both look different but serve the same purpose.

I know self service portal is for non-itil user in the organization. i dont know what is the use of service management portal.

Any help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ian_cox
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Varun, If you are talking about the Service Portal and the Self Service Portal they are both designed for Requestors.   ie people that request things. So creating requests via service catalogs, creating requests for service, reviewing lists of open tickets etc.

The Service Portal is built on new technology and is the direction Service Now is moving forward with.

Service Portal serves to address all of the pain points associated with CMS. It's a simple, more delightful experience with different levels of configuration. Basic users with less technical ability can assemble a simple site; while more advanced users can configure themes, widgets, and pages.

Here is more information on the Service Portal

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ian_cox
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Varun, If you are talking about the Service Portal and the Self Service Portal they are both designed for Requestors.   ie people that request things. So creating requests via service catalogs, creating requests for service, reviewing lists of open tickets etc.

The Service Portal is built on new technology and is the direction Service Now is moving forward with.

Service Portal serves to address all of the pain points associated with CMS. It's a simple, more delightful experience with different levels of configuration. Basic users with less technical ability can assemble a simple site; while more advanced users can configure themes, widgets, and pages.

Here is more information on the Service Portal

varunp
Mega Guru

Thanks for the reply. But my question was regarding ESS and Service Management portal. Please refre the screen shot.