The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discovery of Nutanix system returns "Refer to prism" for Serial Number attribute

yandewulf
Tera Contributor

While scanning Nutanix devices discovery returns "refer to prism" for serial number thus keeps over riding  same ESX server CI for each Nutanix device discovered.

Any one run into this? any thoughts/ideas for a fix for this?

Thank you, Jan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Amit Sharma4
Mega Expert

Hi,

It seems it is a known issue with NUTANIX ESX servers and so far SNOW does not support it (heard going to have a pattern soon).

This is because the serial number specified by NUTANIX on there ESX host does not reside on the location discovery checks for it according to standard practice. 

As a work around NUTANIX has provide a script to run on the ESX server to copy the Serial Number at the correct location. But this script needs a restart.

You can reach your NUTANIX support for that script, if they do not provide it, i can try to get that.

Thanks

Amit

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Mary Vanatta
Kilo Guru

Running into the same issue.  I found if I delete the "Refer to Prism" in the Serial # field and run discovery on the vCenter IP as a quick Discovery it will find another Nutanix device.  Rinse and repeat.  Not a formal solution. 

Waiting on a probe/pattern from Servicenow. 

Amit Sharma4
Mega Expert

Hi,

It seems it is a known issue with NUTANIX ESX servers and so far SNOW does not support it (heard going to have a pattern soon).

This is because the serial number specified by NUTANIX on there ESX host does not reside on the location discovery checks for it according to standard practice. 

As a work around NUTANIX has provide a script to run on the ESX server to copy the Serial Number at the correct location. But this script needs a restart.

You can reach your NUTANIX support for that script, if they do not provide it, i can try to get that.

Thanks

Amit

We do not have Nutanix support but I would be interested in that script! 

Amit Sharma4
Mega Expert

Attached is the python script. Please remove .doc