Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between "Last Login" and "Last Login Time" fields on User Table

chris_corscadde
Kilo Contributor

Does anyone have an idea what the difference is between these two fields are apart from one being a date field and the other being a date time field?  

6 REPLIES 6

Michael Fry1
Tera Sage

I know Last Login time gets auto populated by the system whenever a user logs-in, but I've never seen Last Login populated.

That's been my experience on my developer instance where only Last Login Time gets updated but I have seen on client instances where Last Login has been updated with the same date as the Last Login Time. I got a sneaking suspicion that Last Login is updated via LDAP or SSO logins but I only have prod access so I don't have an ideal sandbox to test that out.

It's a small detail but I was curious what the need was for two fields that in my opinion fulfill the same purpose.

I have LDAP & SSO and neither are pushing to that field out of the box. Maybe they're using a custom script to track something?

SanjivMeher
Kilo Patron
Kilo Patron

I think Last Login field is deprecated. Last Login Time is used to store the   last login time to ServiceNow for a user.

Please mark this response as correct or helpful if it assisted you with your question.