The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Knowledge be reset back to OOB?

Smashley
Mega Guru

A good amount of time ago our Knowledge module was configured, but as time has past, it is not configured in the way that would work best for us and our employees.   Is there a way to reset the entire Knowledge module back to the OOB version to start fresh?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Shahed Shah1
Tera Guru

HI Ashley

Unfortunately there is no refresh/reset mechanism to reset the Knowledge Management application to the OOB version.

Having said that, one of the tricks that I do when trying to reset an application OOB is

1. Re-activate/re-enable the plugin (make a note of the Plugin ID)
  2. Navigate to System Diagnostics → Upgrade History
  3. Open the record where the To field matches to the plugin ID
  4. In the Upgrade Details Related List search for records where the Disposition is Skipped
  5. Review each record and use the Revert to Base System UI Action

(Ref: Resolve a skipped update)

Of course, before doing this you may want to clean up all the data first (remove it all maybe?) and then re-activate the plugin with the option of getting the test data, if desired.

I have not done this with the Knowledge Management application before, but hope this points you in the right direction

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Shahed Shah1
Tera Guru

HI Ashley

Unfortunately there is no refresh/reset mechanism to reset the Knowledge Management application to the OOB version.

Having said that, one of the tricks that I do when trying to reset an application OOB is

1. Re-activate/re-enable the plugin (make a note of the Plugin ID)
  2. Navigate to System Diagnostics → Upgrade History
  3. Open the record where the To field matches to the plugin ID
  4. In the Upgrade Details Related List search for records where the Disposition is Skipped
  5. Review each record and use the Revert to Base System UI Action

(Ref: Resolve a skipped update)

Of course, before doing this you may want to clean up all the data first (remove it all maybe?) and then re-activate the plugin with the option of getting the test data, if desired.

I have not done this with the Knowledge Management application before, but hope this points you in the right direction

Deepak Ingale1
Mega Sage

Hi Ashley,

What version of ServiceNow are you on and is there any specific requirement which enforces you to build KM process again?

ServiceNow KM V3 which is available from Fuji onwards provides the great flexibility in terms of Workflows.

What release of ServiceNow you are on?

We are currently on Fuji Patch 7 Hot Fix 5.   I think our best bet will be to Shahid's suggestion.   Thanks all!

Hi Ashley,

I am not sure if Shahid's solution will work in this case since Knowledge management comes OOB packaged with ServiceNow instance and I am not aware of the plugin for Knowledge management.

If you are on the Fuji, you can leverage the functionality of workflows for different knowledge bases.