The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotations in ServicePortal - Form Widget

Michael Dobner
Mega Guru

Hi,

when in the form, I can add Annotations.

find_real_file.png

And I can see them in the Backend (form):

find_real_file.png

However, in the ServicePortal via the OOtB "Form" Widget, you can not see Annotations:

find_real_file.png

They do however get loaded, as you can see when you hit F12:

find_real_file.png

Any Idea? I've searched and could not find anything. I tried all types of Annotations, none get loaded.

Kind Regards,

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

This was classified as an enhancement request by HI. I think we didn't raise an enhancement request, though.

Our "workarround" was to use a record producer for Ticket creation and then redirect to backend, if we want to do more on the form.

Normally you would utilize the ticket-widget, as for most cases the Ticket Opener does not have to fill in any addtional information.

I also spent some time looking into the widget, there is no way to easily put the text in between the fields.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Ivano B
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Hi Michael

I would suggest to open a ticket in HI. It sounds like a proper bug.

I tried in my instance (clean OOB) tried a Info Blue Box and and a plain text.

ServiceNow.png

Inspecting the page on the portal side shows that the first one is not even rendered.

The second one is rendered but not visible.

Developer_Tools_-_http___localhost_16008_csm_id_form_table_alm_asset_sys_id_00a96c0d3790200044e0bfc8bcbe5dc3_view_csp_admin_and_Customer_Service_Portal_-_Form.png

If you open the DIV you can see that there is nothing inside. It's empty.

Try to edit the HTML directly and you will see it on the form

Developer_Tools_-_http___localhost_16008_csm_id_form_table_alm_asset_sys_id_00a96c0d3790200044e0bfc8bcbe5dc3_view_csp_admin_and_Customer_Service_Portal_-_Form 2.png

I hope this help

Hey guys,

just spotted this bug myself in a more-or-less OOB developer instance on Istanbul.   Did this get logged?

Hi,

Any developments on this subject?

Fábio Gonçalves

This was classified as an enhancement request by HI. I think we didn't raise an enhancement request, though.

Our "workarround" was to use a record producer for Ticket creation and then redirect to backend, if we want to do more on the form.

Normally you would utilize the ticket-widget, as for most cases the Ticket Opener does not have to fill in any addtional information.

I also spent some time looking into the widget, there is no way to easily put the text in between the fields.