The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF Upload / Download

Charlie Ward
Kilo Expert

I want to upload a PDF somehow to my instance and then call that PDF as a link to be viewed and/or downloaded. I have a UI page setup, but can't figure out how to upload a PDF and then call that PDF in my code. HELP!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Charlie, so I did some looking online and it looks from these strings that truly public kb isn't possible:

Making Knowledge public in V3

making a knowledgebase public

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

kristenankeny
Tera Guru

We've done something similar in our instance. You need to create a knowledge doc. Check off "Attachment link" and then attach your PDF to the knowledge base. Then we're referencing it with a macro variable on a request item.

Charlie Ward
Kilo Expert

Kristen, I forgot to mention that this UI page is actually one created so that you don't have to be logged into the instance. We have a "public" facing Info page that we are needing to provide a User Guide for those needing assistance on how to put into a request. I didn't know if there was a way to upload the PDF and it be viewable without being logged into the instance. Here's the page in question. I've managed to link the PDF, however I have to login to view it : 1CALLNOW

Charlie, so I did some looking online and it looks from these strings that truly public kb isn't possible:

Making Knowledge public in V3

making a knowledgebase public

Thanks Kristen. I found the Making Knowledge public in V3, but didn't see the Making a Knowledgebase Public one. I agree with one of the commenters that "...This is 2016 and there isn't an OOB Knowledge Base".