The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculation Estimate at completion costs

Swathi P
Tera Guru

Hi All,

Has any one worked on Calculation of Estimate at Completion Cost  In PPM Module. I am looking for the below calculation : Estimate At Completion = Actual Costs + Estimate To Completion. Any better Ideas how this can be done. I am doing it through Expense Lines as actual cost and Estimate To completion from COst Plan. Any Idea how this can be achived via business rule or anything.

Please suggest.

2 REPLIES 2

Fares Asadi
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Hi swathip,

There's an out-of-the-box Estimate at Completion calculation that follows the following logic:

Estimate at CompletionSum of all actuals for past fiscal periods added to the functional cost for future fiscal periods.

For example, the duration of a project is from January 01 to December 31, and if you check the Estimate at Completion in the month of May, it is calculated as: Sum of actuals from Jan to April + Sum of functional cost from May to December.

You can ready more about it here:

Create a project cost plan

Let me know if this helps.

Regards

Fares

Hi,

Estimate at Completion is same as Estimate to Completion which is total planned cost. But we need to update Estimate at Completion  with Actual Cost + Estimate to Completion.

how can we achieve this ??