The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR integration how to connect to Successfactors

Max10
Mega Contributor

Hello!

I try to configure the interface between SuccessFactors and ServiceNow by using the HR Integrations Application.

I now followed the instructions on https://docs.servicenow.com/bundle/newyork-hr-service-delivery/page/product/human-resources/concept/...

and followed them step by step.

Unfortunately, it is not working now and I get the following errors in the log:

1.     Failed to retrieve login session token from SuccessFactor

2. ..... Method failed: (/sf/start/) with code: 400

3.  SuccessFactors  ......  Status: 400 Error:

If I go through the links manually in my browser, then I can use the credentials successfully.

I configured SOAP and REST.  But I found the message in the SuccessFactors SOAP interface : 

Please Note - SFAPI is depricated as of August 1, 2018. Please use OData for new development and consider moving your legacy applications and integrations to OData.

Question:

1) Can anyone help me with the error messages? What do they mean? What do I need to change?

2) What is with the message regarding the SFAPI in SuccessFactors?

Many thanks, any help is welcome!

19 REPLIES 19

michaelj_sherid
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Hi Max,

Have you entered the correct API repository based on your SFSF instance? Each SFSF instance has a datacenter that it connects to. SuccessFactors publishes this repository based on your datacenter, as to which repository you should connect to. Typically I see a company error when you are connected to the wrong API repository. In your case it is not reaching the page at all - not event to give an authentication or Company error. I would check your configurations, specifically for the path of the api repository. 

Within the SOAP and REST functions/methods you can test them individually by clicking the test link. I would do that to see if you can connect with either protocol.

Regards,

Mike

Max10
Mega Contributor

Hi Mike,

thank you for your response.

I am not sure whether I used the right API repository. I changed now somethings and I get the following error messages:

Error executing REST request: Invalid uri ' https://XXXXXXXX/odata/v2/FOLocation?$expand=addressNavDEFLT&$format=JSON': incorrect scheme

or another one that I get when I test the login SOAP Message Functions:

<errorCode>FAILED_AUTHENTICATION</errorCode><errorMessage>Login failure due to the invalid company!

Bu I entered a companyID in the HR Integrations>Source modul and this seems to be the right one, because I was already able to login via my browser.

It would be great if we can solve this 🙂

Do I need to add the company ID somewhere else? And do I need to add a HTTP header even when I added the OAuth credentials?

Thank you

You will get the invalid Company ID when you are not connecting to the right API repository. If you can find out which datacenter your tenant is located in, you can use the following link to determine the correct API location in SFSF.

https://apps.support.sap.com/sap/support/knowledge/public/en/2215682

Regards,

Mike

Hi Mike,

thank you for the link. Do I need to use the links for REST or for SOAP or for both?

thank you very much so far!

Max