The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Portal Header / Theme

andrewirwin
Kilo Expert

Is there a way in the Service Portal to bind a URL to open within the Service Portal while preserving the header? I'm attempting to call another ServiceNow application via a URL. My problem is that when the application opens it is rendered without any of the Service Portal theme? If Service Portal had i-Frames I would call out the frame to load the URL in. I've seen some post that suggest just creating a new page and introducing an i-frame in the new page.

The ultimate answer I know would be to build a widget specific to the application.

5 REPLIES 5

nathanfirth
Tera Guru

So, just to confirm I understand your question... you're asking if you can open another (non serviceportal) application inside the Service Portal interface/theme. The answer to that is no, unless of course you use iFrames like you already pointed out.

Is the application so complex that it could not be reproduced in a Service Portal widget?

For the iframe, you could either just hard code the iframe URL in a widget and place it on a new page, or if you want it to be dynamic you could pass in the url through a url property, and then grab it from the widget using $sp.getParameter().

Not sure if that helps.

No I'm pointing to as an example the enrollment URL for the service now password reset application from the service portal, and once clicked it takes complete control of the current browser window.

Sent from my iPhone

Did you ever figure out how to force the header?  I am having a similar issue where I am using the icon link widget with a URL to create a new record, and the header is lost when that occurs...

It would be better if you open new question, where you describe your problem in details. The original question tried to apply CSS on IFrame, which is opposite to the main idea of iframe - full separation of iframe code/page and the main frame. It seems that you have another situation. Isn't so?