The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Condition builder in Service portal

SanjivMeher
Kilo Patron
Kilo Patron

Hi Experts,

In Service Portal, I am using the Data Table from Instance Definition widget to display the list of records.

I am able to see the filter. How can I use this filter to perform condition building?

find_real_file.png

Thanks,
Sanjiv

Please mark this response as correct or helpful if it assisted you with your question.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks Jesse. I was able to make it work in Instance Definition, because ultimately both Data table from URL definition and Data tale from instance Definition embedding the same widget widget-data-table. I just needed to pass 'enable_filter' as true and it started working.

Please mark this response as correct or helpful if it assisted you with your question.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

jesseadams
ServiceNow Employee
ServiceNow Employee

Hey Sanjiv,

The condition builder is only available for Data table from URL definition. If you're using Data Table form Instance definition the filter has to be set in the widget instance options. The filter breadcrumbs will show in both but you can't actually use them to edit the filter if you're using instance definition.

Thanks Jesse. I was able to make it work in Instance Definition, because ultimately both Data table from URL definition and Data tale from instance Definition embedding the same widget widget-data-table. I just needed to pass 'enable_filter' as true and it started working.

Good to know. Thanks for sharing!

Hey @sanjivmeher @jesseadams 

Were you guys able to resolve this?? I have tried your fix by enabling the filter and even so, I still face the same problems as Jesse with the filter not loading