Announcing the Global SNUG Board of Directors. Learn more here

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to modify the email templates used by Major Incident Management?

tlock
Tera Guru

I'm trying to modify the email that comes up when you click on "Compose email" from a Major Incident Management task.  That I can tell, the emails used here are coming from the sys_email_client_template table and have subjects that either start with or contain: "Service Interruption -".

There are 4 email templates there: 

• Initial communication (Business)
  • Initial Communication (Technical)
  • Business Update
  • Technical Update

I've tried modifying those email templates though and the changes do not carry over to what comes up when you click to compose an email in MIM.  Anybody else have luck doing this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

And you're updating the client templates located here, correct?

https://instancename.service-now.com/sys_email_client_template_list.do?sysparm_query=table%3Dincident_alert_task

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

erik_brostrom
Mega Guru

I just tested going into the Initial Communication and added test to the subject / body:

find_real_file.png

The resulting changes did follow through on the communication as well:

find_real_file.png

Perhaps you are having a caching issue, try <name>.service-now.com/cache.do and revisit the MIWB and see if it shows correctly.

And you're updating the client templates located here, correct?

https://instancename.service-now.com/sys_email_client_template_list.do?sysparm_query=table%3Dincident_alert_task

Thanks Erik.  The issue ended up being that I had created copies of the OOB templates to preserve them, but that ended up being what was causing my issue.  The templates are used based off of conditions that are not visible on the form by default, so I ended up having 2 email templates based on the same conditions and SN was pulling the templates I hadn't modified.  Thanks for your help, it ended up pointing me in the right direction.

Hi t_lock.   Did you modify the OOB templates in your final use or did you use the copies?

Thanks, Ken