The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expanding the "Show All" option for bar charts?

Erik36
Kilo Contributor

We have sla related reports reports in our Geneva instance grouped by assignment group that tends to include more results than what seem to be included in the default charting options under the "No. groups" drop down options.   Even when changing the default from "System Default (12)" to "Show All", we still get the last "Other" bar that links to additional pages.

Is there any way to change this behavior to get everything on one page/graph? We are also inluding the "Display Grid" option to help folks who use these reports see the break down, but the "Other" prevents all the data from being displayed in one place.

-Erik

2 REPLIES 2

mike_bush
Kilo Guru

The bar chart seems to have an upper limit of 50 bars - beyond that they get too narrow to be sensibly resolved on the screen I guess? "Show All" will still end up with an "other" column if this number is exceeded. Clearing the "show other" checkbox is dangerous as it can mislead the viewer into believing they are seeing all of the data when they are not.

Can you not find some other grouping which presents the data in less columns? You could consider putting your groups into a functional "hierarchy" but this brings on other complications like how to prevent people assigning to the group owners (you need a "level" number or checkbox saying "no assign")

Erik36
Kilo Contributor

Thanks Mike, appreciate the response.   I figured there was some kind of upper limit & it's nice to have a number to keep in mind.   I agree, while expanding the upper limit would give us what we want, in a sense.   The sheer size of the graph would be illegible unless maybe we increase the chart rendering size, if possible.

Funny enough, the person consuming the report actually gets the most value from the breakdown information included below the graph that displays the assigned to names along with SLA percentages.   The overall report basically shows Incident SLA adherence using the "Assigned To" & the "Has Breached" value.   So the breakdown below the graph shows the "True & "False" breakdown of adherence to Breaches.   The problem is, using the default drill down, will show the data associated with the "Other" bar on successive pages, but doesn't carry the graph breakdown below the chart.

In the meantime, I recommended we just duplicate the report & reduce the number of Assignment groups included, as they don't necessarily need it all on the same report.   It would just be more convenient.