The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do multiple roles get applied when they exist already?

nmcl
Giga Expert

I find it frustrating that when adding someone to a group/role that applies another role, if it exists already it will simply add it again (and again and again and again).

For example...

Group A,     will add the itil role

Group B,     will add the itil role

If someone gets added to Group A & B, they end up with the itil role showing twice.

multiple_roles_applied.png

Does anyone know how to stop this out of the box functionality?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Inactive_Use309
Mega Expert

Because of you have the itil role from groupA, groupB and groupC, and you lose membership in any 2 of those groups, you will lose the inherited itil role for those groups as well.

If you only had one itil entry (for all three groups), you'd have a good chance of losing your itil role as there is no way to associate   a role with multiple group memberships.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JBark
Tera Expert

I've seen the same behavior and I think it stems from certain roles requiring other roles, so if you add them in the wrong order you see duplication. I suggest adding custom roles first and see if that cleans it up.

Inactive_Use309
Mega Expert

Because of you have the itil role from groupA, groupB and groupC, and you lose membership in any 2 of those groups, you will lose the inherited itil role for those groups as well.

If you only had one itil entry (for all three groups), you'd have a good chance of losing your itil role as there is no way to associate   a role with multiple group memberships.