The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I turn off Project Status roll-up/roll-down, and Planned Date dependencies?

Shane J
Tera Guru

Please see below for the issues we're currently having.   I inherited an older instance, and some recent changes seemed to have triggered PPM functionality that wasn't in place before.   At this point, I'd like to just turn these things off and have PPM work in a much 'simpler' fashion.   Are there BR's I could inactivate to take care of these issues, without causing any major additional issues?

• Project Tasks are being reopened when the Project is reopened
  • Actual End Date isn't filling in when a Project is closed
  • Planned Task Start Dates change to alternate dates after being saved (this may be due to 'Duration' but not entirely sure)
  • Project Tasks are affecting the parent Project State when their State is changed
  • We seem to be having issues with the State in general, though everything I have read said that is fixed in Helsinki, I think our custom States are still having unintended consequences
  • There seems to be dual-dependency between the Parent Project and the children Project Tasks Planned Start and End Date fields, so at this point it seem nearly impossible to set it correctly in either place.
2 REPLIES 2

shloke04
Giga Sage

Hi,

Navigate to "sys_properties.LIST" from Application search menu and   set this Property "com.snc.project.rollup_project_start_date" as false to prevent rollup of dates.

For State Change Rollup there is an OOB Business Rule "Process State Change" which controls this behavior, so you need to tweak this Business rule as per your need.

Below link may be useful:

Parent-child rollup task calculations

Re: Project State Rollups and Roll Downs

Hope this helps. Mark the answer as correct/helpful based on impact.

Regards,

Shloke

Hope this helps. Please mark the answer as correct/helpful based on impact.

Regards,
Shloke

Should I turn off the BR 'Calculate Start Date for Planned Task' as well?

find_real_file.png