The Now Platform® Washington DC release is live. Watch now!

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating an SCTASK from RITM

PN2
Kilo Expert

I created a basic catalog item without a workflow since I don't need one. When I submitted the form from the Service Portal, the data is passed into the record within the Now Platform UI correctly. I see that an REQ and RITM is created but not the SCTASK.

Is the SCTASK supposed to be created along the same process automatically by default? If not, how do I create an SCTASK that will carry the data from the RITM into this SCTASK?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DirkRedeker
Mega Sage

Hi

When "ordering something" via the Service Catalog, at checkout, the system will create a Request (REQ) and one Requested Item RITM per Ordered Item. This is a normal behavior.

SCTASKs are used to fulfill the Work to be done. This normally will only happen as soon as the Request was approved. So, do NOT wonder, if you do not have any SCTASKs before the Request was approved.

Anyhow, there are several ways, how SCTASKs can be created after the initial approval.

They can be created by Workflow(s) (Catalog Task Activity or by Run Script), by Flow DEsigner, by Business Rules etc. etc. You can be very creative on how to implement.

But to answer your question: Yes, it is normal that REQ and RITM records are created (at checkout) and NO SCTASK records in THAT moment. And then, it just depends on the settings.

Does that make sense and answer your question? If yes, please mark my answer as correct/helpful

BR

Dirk

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

sachin_namjoshi
Kilo Patron
Kilo Patron

Creation of SC task need to be configured in your workflow.

If you workflow has activity for creating task, then workflow will create SCTASK record.

find_real_file.png

Regards,

Sachin

Prateek kumar
Mega Sage

Is there any logic behind for not having a workflow to your catalog item.

You can use a Flow designer to attach a flow to your catalog item.

https://docs.servicenow.com/bundle/orlando-servicenow-platform/page/administer/flow-designer/concept...

Please mark my response as correct and helpful if it helped solved your question.
-Thanks

Tony K
Tera Guru
Tera Guru

I just use a generic workflow that creates a task and assigns it to whomever is listed as the fulfiller group on the catalog item itself. 

PN2
Kilo Expert

Thank you all for the quick replies.

So I guess the answer is, it is normal that the REQ creates an RITM but the SCTASK is not part of this process correct?