Announcing the Global SNUG Board of Directors. Learn more here

Help
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I keep getting a "Repository authentication failed, check credentials. Make sure the user has both read and write access" error message when I create a branch in studio signed in as system admin?

5vetlana
Tera Contributor

I am working on the NeedIt tutorial in the New to Service Now trainings.   Although I was able to do the previous steps I am unable to create a branch in the studio.   The instructions say:

Create a Branch from a Tag

1. In Studio, open the Source Control menu and select the Create Branch menu item.
  2. Configure the Branch.               Branch Name CreateNeedItApp               Create from Tag: LoadForCreateNIAppModule
  3. Click the Create Branch button.
  4. Click the Close Dialog button.
  5. After the branch is created, the branch name appears in the Studio status bar (bottom right corner).The branch name appears in the status bar on the lower right corner

When I try to run this in studio it fails with the error message "Repository authentication failed, check credentials. Make sure the user has both read and write access'   I have tried to sign in as various users that have read and write access but can't get it to work.   Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

63 REPLIES 63

5vetlana
Tera Contributor

I figured this out actually.   I didn't realize that that the credentials I had to provide were my sign in and password for github not service now.   Once I reset my github password everything worked perfectly

Yes same happened to me.worked perfectly after giving GitHub credentials

Dale Stubblefie
Giga Contributor

I had a similar issue, but it was because I had enabled two-factor authentication on my GitHub account...

Did you manage to get that repository imported to instance? or you had disabled two-factory authentication.